2X chainring change for Rbike

Marcela

Well-Known Member
Have a regular bike with the 2x front chain ring, FSA 110 abs 48/32 with the 4 bolts. I'd like to change the 48 to something like a 38 or 40. I don't see a way to do that at the moment, even dropping the inner chainring a little and changing them both out.

Figured someone here with all the experience would have some ideas.
 
If it’s the FSA 110 BCD setup, the main limitation is the bolt-circle diameter. A 38T or 40T outer ring may not be available for that BCD, depending on the exact crank model.
You may be better off changing the entire crankset to one with a smaller BCD, or looking at a compatible compact/sub-compact setup that gives you the gearing you want. I’d check the exact FSA crank model and BCD first, because “110 ABS” can refer to a specific mounting standard.
If you post a photo of the crank and chainrings or the exact model number, someone may be able to point you toward a compatible 38/40T option.
 
I think what I am gonna have to do is use a 3x crank like fsa makes for the trike with 30/39/52 and disregard the outer chainring and remove it if possible. It just so happens utah trike has them as like new removed parts from their ebike conversions for $85. That is a no brainer right there. Cranks are 10mm shorter than on the Sequoia but no biggy. These would make great gearing for a touring bike. Hope they work out:)
 
Back