E-Lux Controller - has anyone upgraded theirs?

socalfatboy

I have a 2019 E-Lux Tahoe Classic with a 20 ah battery (and 500 watt motor). I looked at the controller on my bike and its maximum current rating is 18 amps. For all I know, that may be the perfect sweet spot to balance power and battery efficiency, but I'm no expert. I previously owned several Sondors and upgraded them from the stock 15 amp controller to a 20 amp verion based on a lot of input from the Sondors Owners Group. The result was a noticeable increase in power. My Sondors bikes came with 350 watt Bafang rear hub motors and 8.8 ah batteries. It seems with a 500 watt motor on the Tahoe, there could be a power benefit from upgrading beyond the stock 18 amp controller (assuming a compatible upgrade even exists).

I have a 2019 E-Lux Tahoe Classic with a 20 ah battery (and 500 watt motor). I looked at the controller on my bike and its maximum current rating is 18 amps. For all I know, that may be the perfect sweet spot to balance power and battery efficiency, but I'm no expert. I previously owned several Sondors and upgraded them from the stock 15 amp controller to a 20 amp verion based on a lot of input from the Sondors Owners Group. The result was a noticeable increase in power. My Sondors bikes came with 350 watt Bafang rear hub motors and 8.8 ah batteries. It seems with a 500 watt motor on the Tahoe, there could be a power benefit from upgrading beyond the stock 18 amp controller (assuming a compatible upgrade even exists).

Back