27.5” Tire on 26” Shock?

rpr

Region
USA
Strange question, but I would like to upgrade the front shock on my Ride-up LMT’D and options are limited. It comes with an 80mm travel shock. I would prefer 100mm but that would raise the front end and I want to keep the stock geometry. So I’m wondering if I could get my 27.5” tires to possibly fit in a 26” Judy Gold RL 100mm travel shock.

The axle to crown dimensions fully compressed will work, but I can’t find axle to brace/arch dimensions anywhere.

Has anyone tried this?

Strange question, but I would like to upgrade the front shock on my Ride-up LMT’D and options are limited. It comes with an 80mm travel shock. I would prefer 100mm but that would raise the front end and I want to keep the stock geometry. So I’m wondering if I could get my 27.5” tires to possibly fit in a 26” Judy Gold RL 100mm travel shock.

The axle to crown dimensions fully compressed will work, but I can’t find axle to brace/arch dimensions anywhere.

Has anyone tried this?

If you just want to increase fork travel by 20 mm , why add the risk / complexity of trying to squeeze a 27.5" wheel into a 26" fork?

20 mm extra travel at the front equates to 15 mm extra height if you have the sag set correctly at 25% . About as much difference as an extra 10 psi in the original forks. Given your manufacturer doesn't even mention head tube angle, I'd be surprised if it would make handling worse

The LMT’D is my wife’s bike and she’s extremely petite. The bike is already a bit large for her so I would prefer not to increase height.

Back