Braking switches off power/display (Super 73 Scout)

pez

Hi there.

I have the Super 73 Scout, which when I first got I accidentally shattered the LCD throttle display whilst I was assembling it out of the box. It still operated as a throttle / pedal assist etc, but I had literally no display for speed etc.
So I ordered a replacement directly from Lithium Cycles, which was not cheap. When it arrived it clearly was not a new replacement, but a very well used one (it had scratches all over it).
Anyway after installing the replacement - if I apply pressure to the brakes it instantly shuts off the power (meaning I have to hold down the power button on the display for 3 seconds to switch it all back on to get any motor functionality back) ..not just the brake assist cutting motor power like it should. All power off.

This doesn't happen on my original broken screen throttle, so wondering if I was sent a faulty replacement, or if this is some obscure setting that can be removed somehow? Doubt many people here will have this bike, but hoping someone has ran into this problem with an e-bike in general before?

EDIT: Video link to what is happening

Thanks for any help.

ps - I'm also waiting on a response from Lithium about it.

Last edited:
Brakes are usually wired to the controller. Must be correct because they work with the original display. This says the replacement display is faulty. Almost a month now. Did they send you a new display.

Brakes are usually wired to the controller. Must be correct because they work with the original display. This says the replacement display is faulty. Almost a month now. Did they send you a new display.
Hi yes I got sent another replacement soon after this post, which worked correctly.
Pretty helpful customer support by them to be honest.

Helpful customer support after they sent you a used/broken display the first time. So helpful if you give them two tries.

Back