‘22 Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 TCD issue

Eureka! I found a way to clear this issue up at home. Basically, you have to do a Factory Reset. @Stefan Mikes recommended that I hold down the + and - buttons for 20 seconds. That is how you restart the MCU. BUT, if you Hold down the + and - for 45 seconds, past the restart (don't let go), you will get a message stating that you are doing a factory reset, and winner, winner, chicken dinner the bike was back to brand new condition. A couple of notes in this process:

After the factory reset, Mission Control does not know you did a factory reset on the bike. So, you have to delete (not deregister) the bike in Mission Control. But, if you try to add it again, it will simply fail. This is because your phone's bluetooth settings thinks it has already paired with the bike. But the bike is like "I don't know you! Stranger Danger!" and drops your connection. So, you have to go into your phone's bluetooth settings, find the bike, it is the serial number, and "Forget the Device" Then you can add the bike back in the app as before. Then Voila, you have a brand new shiny factory fresh bike with no electronic baggage. Phew, this was really weighing on me. At least, there is a way of doing this. Sucks I had to factory reset, but the settings are easy to change, so better than going into the store again.

Anyway, if anybody gets this problem again, here is how you solve it.

I’m having an issue with my bike’s TCD for 5 days now. The display only shows the battery life and it was dim as if on Stealth Mode (but apparenly Stealth Mode is not available in this model)

View attachment 124803

I tried the following but nothing worked:
  • Reseting the TCD
  • logging in/out of Mission Control
  • uninstalling/installing Mission Control
  • disconnecting/reconnecting the bike
  • fully charging both display and bike’s battery
  • Reseting display presets

Bike’s firmware is also currently up to date. Does anyone have an idea what’s happening? Is this a bug?
My 2023 como did the same thing in the middle of a ride. Called Specialized and the tech guy told me to use a charger to charge up the TCD display using the port on the display (usb c). Did that and it did not work. It is suppose to have a rechargeable battery inside the unit. So I will take it to a shop. The bike does still work, I just cannot see the usual display.

I’m having an issue with my bike’s TCD for 5 days now. The display only shows the battery life and it was dim as if on Stealth Mode (but apparenly Stealth Mode is not available in this model)

View attachment 124803

I tried the following but nothing worked:
  • Reseting the TCD
  • logging in/out of Mission Control
  • uninstalling/installing Mission Control
  • disconnecting/reconnecting the bike
  • fully charging both display and bike’s battery
  • Reseting display presets

Bike’s firmware is also currently up to date. Does anyone have an idea what’s happening? Is this a bug?
How did you reset the TCD?

Eureka! I found a way to clear this issue up at home. Basically, you have to do a Factory Reset. @Stefan Mikes recommended that I hold down the + and - buttons for 20 seconds. That is how you restart the MCU. BUT, if you Hold down the + and - for 45 seconds, past the restart (don't let go), you will get a message stating that you are doing a factory reset, and winner, winner, chicken dinner the bike was back to brand new condition. A couple of notes in this process:

After the factory reset, Mission Control does not know you did a factory reset on the bike. So, you have to delete (not deregister) the bike in Mission Control. But, if you try to add it again, it will simply fail. This is because your phone's bluetooth settings thinks it has already paired with the bike. But the bike is like "I don't know you! Stranger Danger!" and drops your connection. So, you have to go into your phone's bluetooth settings, find the bike, it is the serial number, and "Forget the Device" Then you can add the bike back in the app as before. Then Voila, you have a brand new shiny factory fresh bike with no electronic baggage. Phew, this was really weighing on me. At least, there is a way of doing this. Sucks I had to factory reset, but the settings are easy to change, so better than going into the store again.

Anyway, if anybody gets this problem again, here is how you solve it.
Does the factory reset clear your riding history from the bike, i.e. total mileage ridden to date (or kms)?

Does the factory reset clear your riding history from the bike, i.e. total mileage ridden to date (or kms)?
The odometer status belongs to the motor, not the display.
Only replacing the motor clears the mileage.

Back