2022 Stance e+2 - charger??

tammin

Region
USA
Just picked up a new Stance and took it for its maiden shakedown run today on my favorite singletrack. This thing rocks!

I have a question about the charger that is supplied with this bike. It came with a 4A smart charger, but the website says it comes with a 6A smart charger. Here's the product page for this bike: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/stance-eplus-2

About halfway down it says this about the charger:
Screenshot 2022-08-31 144618.jpg

Anyone know anything about which charger is supposed to come with these bikes? I think it's probably the same for the Trance e+, and possibly other models.

TIA for any info.

Asked the dealer about this and he forwarded me Giant's response which basically said the factory decided to ship some bikes with the smaller, lighter 4A fast charger. And if you read the Ts&Cs on their website, it does say they reserve the right to change components from what is listed at any time.
So there you have it. Only reason I even raised it was the 6A offers a somewhat faster charging speed.

4 Amp is good or no good.?
It is good, of course. You get your battery (600 Wh range) charged in some four hours and thirty minutes with a 4 A charger. My Giant Trance E+ came with the 6A charger. Technically, it should charge a 625 Wh battery faster than a Specialized 4 A one did that to a 600 Wh battery. In practical terms, it was of no meaning as the Giant 6A charger was very slow in the last phase of charging (to prevent the battery against damage).

The charger rating defines the maximum current it can produce. However, Li-Ion batteries are charged in an "intelligent" way, that is, charging the battery with the full current at low battery charge, and then with constant voltage and diminishing current.

Having said the above, the bigger charger is only faster charging the battery from 5-60% (or so).

Back