2021 Superdelite production schedule

amayers

Region
USA
I figured I'd post about my production estimates and delivery schedule, since I wished more people were doing that while I waited for my bike to arrive.

I ordered a Superdelite HS Rollof, GX, Fox air suspension, Nyon, and air shipping on January 15th.

The initial production estimate was March 29 - April 4th. Once I got my build info the next week, R&M's website was showing March 29 - April 2nd. It has stayed on that estimate up through March 16th. Now on the morning of the 17th it is showing March 15th through March 19th, so it moved up over two weeks. I can only assume that number is accurate, since why would you move it up to the current week, if you didn't also start production.

For context I am on the east coast of the USA.

I'll update this as things change.

I ordered my Superdelite GT Rohloff, front rack & bag, Fox and CX upgrade & Nyon from a dealer in the UK on 29th December. The production dates shown on the R&M website were 22nd - 26th March. It stayed on these dates until the 5th March when the website changed to 'expected to be with your dealer between 8th - 12th March'. As the 8th March was the next working day I naturally assumed that the bike had been built and despatched and was close to delivery. As I didn't hear anything from my dealer during the following week I phoned them on the 11th March and was told that, despite what the R&M website said, the dates were likely to be production dates, not delivered to the dealer dates - very confusing.

So, after a further week, I still have no bike and have no idea when it will really arrive. I do feel that R&M are very poor in their communication which I find unacceptable with such a premium priced product. As a customer, all I want is the truth and being misled or lied to by the manufacturer, whether intentionally or unintentionally is not good.

I should say that the dealer has been very professional and truthful and I think he has been let down too.

I have my fingers crossed for a delivery soon. as facts are few and far between!

So today it's still showing that it's scheduled for production last week. So I used the contact form on R&M's website to inquire. This is the response I got:
Our production status only displays the production date of a bike. We do not show if a bike is actually in production, has been built or has already shipped.

To receive further information on the order, we would therefore kindly direct you to your dealer, as they are aware if their orders have already shipped.
How in the world can you send that reply to someone, and not be thinking that our company is being dumb?

I replied to the R&M email, saying that the status page is basically useless if it can't tell you if the bike has been build and or shipped or not.
Their reply:
Unfortunately due to data protection regulations we are only allowed to share the production dates with clients of our clients, all other information about the orders to you has to be supplied by them

ease up guys, they want to help but are hamstrung by "data protection regulations" :) could happen to anyone
The issue of how they relate to their riders has nothing to do with regulations. It has everything to do with having rigid business model in which the dealers are their customers and the riders should have little or no direct contact with the company. We don't buy bikes from R&M, the dealers do. Therefor they don't put any value in communicating with us.

Last edited:
My LBS (bad acronym, because local is relative when it's a day long round trip drive in a car) just told me that my bike has left Germany is en route to Pennsylvania. It has two more stops in the US before arriving at the dealer. So if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get the bike by next weekend!

I will never understand why some of you seem so committed to perpetuating this narrative...

Well today R&M told me exactly that.

Unfortunately due to data protection regulations we are only allowed to share the production dates with clients of our clients, all other information about the orders to you has to be supplied by them

So I finally heard from the dealer, the bike arrived yesterday. So air shipping took 15 days from Germany to North Carolina.
They are doing assembly today, and the plan is to pick up the bike on Tuesday (the next day after today that the shop is open).

I picked it up yesterday, but didn't get home until late, so I couldn't ride it more then the quick test ride at the dealer.

I just got back from a 20 mile ride on it this morning. Most all on paved roads, but I did get in a lap on a motocross track. WOW this is a blast! I hadn't ridden a full suspension bike since 1999, and I had hoped it felt amazing in comparison. It definitely does! Having a Rohloff, vs the Vario on my previous bike, I really like the Rohloff, I can see if you are a more casual city rider then the Vario might be a better choice. It's supposed to rain this evening, so I'm going to take time this evening to rearrange the handlebar layout, and really adjust the suspension. 😍

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    907.6 KB · Views: 259
Congratulations, I am pleased to hear that you have finally received your bike. One little tip - glue and/or Loctite your rear mudguard reflector in place as soon as possible as there is a real liklihood of it working loose and being lost. Mine lasted a week and a half!

Congratulations, I am pleased to hear that you have finally received your bike. One little tip - glue and/or Loctite your rear mudguard reflector in place as soon as possible as there is a real liklihood of it working loose and being lost. Mine lasted a week and a half!
Yeah, I did loose one of the side reflectors on the front forks, during the 3 hour car trip bringing it home. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I figured I'd post about my production estimates and delivery schedule, since I wished more people were doing that while I waited for my bike to arrive.

I ordered a Superdelite HS Rollof, GX, Fox air suspension, Nyon, and air shipping on January 15th.

The initial production estimate was March 29 - April 4th. Once I got my build info the next week, R&M's website was showing March 29 - April 2nd. It has stayed on that estimate up through March 16th. Now on the morning of the 17th it is showing March 15th through March 19th, so it moved up over two weeks. I can only assume that number is accurate, since why would you move it up to the current week, if you didn't also start production.

For context I am on the east coast of the USA.

I'll update this as things change.
We have ordered very similar Superdelites. I ordered mine late January, my build date is 4/12-16. I plan to check this Monday for Air shipping dates.

Yesterday I can see for the first time mine.
Ordered at the end of January in Italy.
So I can compare directly the 2019 Delite with 2021 Superdelite.

Attachments

• IMG_9486.jpg
    IMG_9486.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 228
Back