2021 Giant Roam E+

416dude

Just saw this on Giant US's website

Looks like this will replace the Giant Explore line, it looks identical to the 2020 Giant Explore E4.

Just saw this on Giant US's website

Looks like this will replace the Giant Explore line, it looks identical to the 2020 Giant Explore E4.
For those of us who need a step-through, I hope not.

For those of us who need a step-through, I hope not.

there’s a step through version too for the roam e

1600617669796.jpeg

From what I understand, the Explore is continuing. The Explore has the Syncdrive Sport motor and the Roam has a motor called Syncdrive Core. I have been led to believe that the Expire will be getting larger capacity batteries in 2021, yet this new model is still using the EnergyPak 400.

The specs look similar otherwise, but my take on it is it is targeted as more of a commuter bike.

I reserve the right to be wrong.

Looked closer at Syncdrive Core. Only 50nM of torque, so a different targeted audience.

If the Exlpore line is continuing, I bet you it's the Giant Explore Pro to be imported from Europe.

1600627691717.png

The roam E looks way too identical to the current line of Explore to make sense of selling both lines at the same time.

2021 Explore E gets rack , fenders , lights , 28mph , 500wh battery , upgraded display ... US$2900
Release any day now , end of this month .
Yeah , sounds like it's the Euro Pro .
Not sure if this is the actual USA model or not :

giant-explore-e-2-gts-28mph.jpg

Last edited:
2021 Explore E gets rack , fenders , lights , 28mph , 500wh battery , upgraded display ... US$2900

This has been a source of interest for me. Affordable and pragmatic for R2T.

If that includes the PRO SyncDrive motor then US $2,900 is a awesome price. I don't think Giant will list it at that price.

It’s possible I misunderstood 28mph , but I’m pretty sure the USA price is $ 2900 .
Yes , that will be a killer price .
We’ll know soon enough ...

Back