2019 Trek Powerfly 7 20,000km update

chromatose

They don't last forever and I think I am near the end of this eMTB's lifespan. But, I will attempt to keep it rolling just to see what can be achieved...
The battery is closing in on 500 cycles and has not lost any performance.
I am on my 3rd DU all replaced under warranty 12,000km, 2900km, 2600km and this DU has just passed 3000km respectively
Current DU seems to be a little punchier in TOUR in 3, 4, 5 gears
These things destroy bearings at an alarming rate but, they are easily replaced for the most part with redi-rod, a few sockets and washers.
The suspension mods haven't hindered performance and may have made it stiffer.
I have a replacement chain stay but until a catastrophic failure I will keep that powder dry. I have also a heli coil kit to try on the the stripped threads at some point.
On the Main Pivot I just ran a tight fitting bolt through the pivot bolt. It works as a safety as well as keeping it all together.
The main rocker pivot stripped out easily after replacing a set of bearings so, I reamed out the threads in the boss and ran a 12mm stainless bolt through. I had to modify a few spacer washers and am close to getting it all tightened up nicely.
I had to replace my shock w/a 205 x 60 for $75 (stock is a 205 x 50) because I couldn't even buy an air can kit. That shock is out for a complete overhaul. The stock fork is performing well as I get it professionally serviced twice a year
The axle in the rear wheel failed and I had to get a machine shop to make a copy as Trek doesn't even have a part # for this. I have replaced 3 spokes and am having trouble keeping the wheel in round now so, I am attempting to find a suitable replacement but, there are clearance issues with the 203 rotor and the seat stay in after market hubs.
The ONLY things that haven't been replaced: Calipers and brake lines (I bleed them regularly). The front wheel (haven't done anything other than replace tires).
The derailleur and shifter (I have replaced the cage spring and jockey wheels and clean it regularly now) I am looking for a new XT and Shifter combo.
I usually get about 5000km out of a cassette burning 2 chains and a chainring. I have a couple of SRAM chainrings coming as they are the most robust.
There a a few more videos available on my channel

man a lot of motors. I got 14k out of mine before it rusted and was replaced on out of warranty.
I don't think that they planned for someone like me to ride 30+km almost everyday in all conditions (I'm on the wet coast of Canazuela)
The first DU wore out some bearings apparently, the next 2 just threw up a 500 error code. Fingers crossed I'll get at least 12,000km out of this one 🤞

I don't think that they planned for someone like me to ride 30+km almost everyday in all conditions (I'm on the wet coast of Canazuela)
The first DU wore out some bearings apparently, the next 2 just threw up a 500 error code. Fingers crossed I'll get at least 12,000km out of this one 🤞
I was doing 9000 miles a year min 18 miles a day rain and shine I only wore out a rim and a crank. my problem was my shop at home was unheated and huminity could be 90% for days or weeks so the bike would not dry out. so one bearing rusted out. they make seal improvements for the drive side but mine rusted out on the other side and thats sealed and you cant replace the seal. but I would ride inthe rain sometimes 4 times a day.

Back