2019 MOTOR REPLACED WITH 2020 VERSION, BUT NO SMART ASSIST MODE

KuRi

Hi!

As you may already know (I have opened some other threads about my motor replacement), my 2019 Fathom E+2 pro had a motor replacement some weeks ago. My hardware version was 2018xxxxx before the replacement, now it is:
Software version is 20191231004 and Hardware is 20190100000

I had some hope that with a new motor I would be able to use the new smart assist mode, but I can't (can't activate it using the manual or forum current methods).

Do you know if this is just a software limitation or maybe there are some motors with hardware version 20190100000 and without the 6 sensors technology?

Summarizing:

before) 2019 Fathom E+2 Pro with original pro motor (hardware revision 2018xxxxx MY19). Motor stopped working so it got replaced
after) 2019 Fathom E+2 Pro with replaced pro motor (hardware revision 2019xxxx MY20), new motor and controller (ANT+) sent by Giant.

All 2020 syncdrive pro models (MY20) I have seen have the same hardware revision: 20190100000

So my question is... is there any software or hardware limitation so I cannot use smart assist mode?

Thanks!!!

Can we confirm how you're trying to activate? Giant seem to keep changing the technique to enable it. On mine it is via a long up or down press on the controller.

I have tried several methods:
- Power down after going to zero assistance
- Long press on power up
- Long press on power down
Thx

The firmware for all features is in the handlebar controller, so the only way you will ever find out is to install and ANT+ controller from a 2020model.

I also have a 2020 ant+ controller that I bought as a spare part and it is not working neither.

I believe this was a confusion on my side because I saw a MY20 hardware revision number on the app and I thought this was a motor hardware revision number but it is a controller version number. So the motor must be the MY19 model and the controller a MY20 ( which works because I already updated the controller to a MY20 before the original motor broke)

thanks!

Eh? The standard way of engaging the Auto mode not working? You need to make the claim at the LBS. The Auto mode even works with my EVO and the PRO motor... Although the engaging action is Arrow Up Long Press.

No no, my bike is MY19 ( auto mode not supported ) but I got my motor replaced recently and I was expecting a MY20 motor, however that dit not happen xD

The motor is the motor but the sensors have stayed as they were in the MY 2019...

OTH, don't expect too much from the Auto Mode. It is just eating the battery faster, giving you what you would expect from riding in PAS 2 or 3. I'll give my Trance E+ 2 Pro (2020) yet another chance in the Auto mode today.

Back