2019 giant explore e3 hydraulic brake question

new_ebiker

Hi everyone

I m new to hydraulic brake on a bike, and was wondering how to adjust the pad.

I have an explore e3 with the Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc brake. I recently took out and front tire and I pulled the brake lever when the tire was out. I believe this action caused the brake piston to moved closer.... to the point I cannot fit the front wheel back in due to the rotor not able to fit back to the brake caliber

Please see the picture attached

Attachments

• E80C7524-7EAE-49FF-B185-5E1C3D93173F.jpeg
    E80C7524-7EAE-49FF-B185-5E1C3D93173F.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 414
Take the pads out and push the pistons back with a plastic tire lever. Take care to apply even pressure. Do this for both sides of the pistons. Also, there are plenty of videos on YouTube explaining how to change pads out on hydraulic brakes.

Hi everyone

I m new to hydraulic brake on a bike, and was wondering how to adjust the pad.

I have an explore e3 with the Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc brake. I recently took out and front tire and I pulled the brake lever when the tire was out. I believe this action caused the brake piston to moved closer.... to the point I cannot fit the front wheel back in due to the rotor not able to fit back to the brake caliber

Please see the picture attached
If your dealer didn't supply one with the bike, go back and get a disc "spacer" (no idea what the official name is). That's a piece of plastic that you snap into place between the pads if you take the wheel off. That prevents the accidental (or on purpose) pressing the brake lever and getting the result you got. It's just too easy to press the brake lever by accident if you lay the bike down with the wheel off, or put it in a car, etc.

If your dealer didn't supply one with the bike, go back and get a disc "spacer" (no idea what the official name is). That's a piece of plastic that you snap into place between the pads if you take the wheel off. That prevents the accidental (or on purpose) pressing the brake lever and getting the result you got. It's just too easy to press the brake lever by accident if you lay the bike down with the wheel off, or put it in a car, etc.
Most places sell them as brake blocks

Back