2017 Sduro Fullnine 6.0

VirgilCaine

I'm taking a long look at this model as my first ebike. How will this hold up for a 225 pound rider in mountainous terrain ?

I have 1,400 miles on an XDURO Full Seven S RX. I ride single trails and gravel paths. I weigh 250. Still on original brake pads, absolutely no troubles. I don't do a lot of jumping, so suspension is not at max as rocky289 suggested. I'm a real fan of Haibikes!

I have 1,400 miles on an XDURO Full Seven S RX. I ride single trails and gravel paths. I weigh 250. Still on original brake pads, absolutely no troubles. I don't do a lot of jumping, so suspension is not at max as rocky289 suggested. I'm a real fan of Haibikes!
Thanks. I'm trying to decide between 100mm in the sduro fullnine or 150mm in Sduro all mountain. Both are 2017.

That would depend on how often you do jumps. I'm a 65 year old novice trail rider, I stay pretty tight to the ground. The 100mm on my bike, based on the air pressure I have it set at, has never bottomed out. With a name like that, you must have served on the Danville train.

My name is actually Rich,LOL. I'm a 62 yo life-long cyclist with bad knees, so this is likely to be my last bike purchase. My technical trail riding days are behind me,so 100 mm may be plenty.
I have 4 other bikes, so I wonder how often they will get used when i buy an ebike ?
The Sduro sure seems to get glowing reports !!!

The eBikes are so versatile. When you have good joint days, you don't use as much battery. On bad days or heavy wind days, you just touch the button and can still have an easy enjoyable ride. I started riding again after a pretty long break, about 48 years off! LOL I started riding after retirement with a traditional Giant Cypress, it sits in the garage with flat tires now. I bought a Sondors fat bike, electric assist, off Craigslist. Rode that for 1500 miles. Then took a drive to see Haibikes. Bought the XDURO Full Seven S RX in Nov 2016, then bought an XDURO Trekking S RX in March 2017. I rode 2500 miles in 2016, 3000 miles in 2017. We have a really nice multi use trail, and extended rail trail through Peoria, IL, so hop on the bike and put on 10 miles almost everyday in the good weather. Hoping to fight back the grim reaper, and most importantly, dementia that has incapacitated my Mother. The motor has died in the Sondors, the Haibikes are light years ahead in riding pleasure. I tell my family this enjoyment of high quality eBikes may cost more than a gym membership, but I use the bikes a hell of a lot more!

Well, we have alot in common. My mom passed with dementia a couple of years ago, so I can empathize with you. Hang in there. The hardest thing i ever had to do was take my mom's car keys...after that a downward spiral. Biking is the only thing that does not hurt my knees these days,so I'm looking forward to doing rides without getting off and having to walk up a 10% grade.

I'm a fan of Haibikes too.
I have two of them in the garage.
Both Sduro Fullnine RC's 2016
I've done 7000k on one & wife has 2500k on the other.
Suspension is very similar to Sduro Fullnine 6.
The OP's question was
"How will this hold up for a 225 pound rider in mountainous terrain"
This usually means lots of ups & downs.
You will need a fair bit of pressure to stop them bottoming in the dips.
The shocks on a "XDURO Full Seven S RX" are a bit higher up the spec chain, so I would expect it to take a bit more load.
Just looking at the chart on my front fork & it only goes up to 220 pounds.
So if you are deciding between the two models, go for the one with the most travel.

Thanks,Rocky. As far as trim levels, what is the equivalent of RC and RX in the 2017 models as far as shocks. The 6.0 has Rock Shox and the 5.0 have suntour in the 17 Sduro. I'm always interested in learning about the weak link that makes you wish that you spent a little more $.

Well, we have alot in common. My mom passed with dementia a couple of years ago, so I can empathize with you. Hang in there. The hardest thing i ever had to do was take my mom's car keys...after that a downward spiral. Biking is the only thing that does not hurt my knees these days,so I'm looking forward to doing rides without getting off and having to walk up a 10% grade.

Virgil/Rich C-I had the same exact issue happen to my mom as well. We are a very close family and watching your mom go into a downward spiral like that is so devastating. We have to continue to push forward when a family member leaves us and realize that we did our best with giving them the assistance and proper care while they were alive. God bless to all you guys. Enjoy your rides.

Virgil/Rich C-I had the same exact issue happen to my mom as well. We are a very close family and watching your mom go into a downward spiral like that is so devastating. We have to continue to push forward when a family member leaves us and realize that we did our best with giving them the assistance and proper care while they were alive. God bless to all you guys. Enjoy your rides.
Thanks, Bob. It looks like the RC RX 2016's have bosch,but the 2017's have Yamaha PW. Which is better for mountainous terrain ?
I'm looking at the Sduro Fullnine 6-0(100mm travel) and the Sduro Allmountain 6-0 (150mm travel)

Thanks, Bob. It looks like the RC RX 2016's have bosch,but the 2017's have Yamaha PW. Which is better for mountainous terrain ?
I'm looking at the Sduro Fullnine 6-0(100mm travel) and the Sduro Allmountain 6-0 (150mm travel)

Slight correction there.
2014 - 2016 Haibike SDURO was all Yamaha. XDURO was all Bosch.
2017 they seem to have combined.

Yep. It looks like Bosch on the higher trim levels, but I think I'd rather have the Yamaha. Is the Yamaha PW-X going to be worth passing out the closeouts and getting a 2018 ?

Last edited:
Considering same two bikes, 215lbs here.

2017 sduro full nine 6.0 vs 2017 sdruro allmtn 5.0.

full nine 6.0 has 29" wheels w/ rock shox components, allmtn 5.0 has 27.5 wheels w/ suntour components.

I am finding both bikes for similar 2017 closeout pricing (~$2500 vs ~$2300)
Rode them both today.

Personally liked the full nine 6.0 better. It just felt like a more solid build. The suntour on the allmtn felt like it was bottoming out more often (due to weight?).

Also curious about the 2017 PW vs 2018 PW-X. I have a bosch 28mph haibike trekking. I felt that the PW was still a decent motor and had enough power to push up hills/terain. Not sure it would be worth paying much more for a 2018 PW-X or Xduru w/ bosch.

Last edited:
If the fork was bottoming out too much, it simply didn't have enough air pressure in it. I ride with the sun tour fork and I weigh 250. I don't do any jumps though, at 65 years old, I keep it pretty close to the ground.

Considering same two bikes, 215lbs here.

2017 sduro full nine 6.0 vs 2017 sdruro allmtn 5.0.

full nine 6.0 has 29" wheels w/ rock shox components, allmtn 5.0 has 27.5 wheels w/ suntour components.

I am finding both bikes for similar 2017 closeout pricing (~$2500 vs ~$2300)
Rode them both today.

Personally liked the full nine 6.0 better. It just felt like a more solid build. The suntour on the allmtn felt like it was bottoming out more often (due to weight?).

Also curious about the 2017 PW vs 2018 PW-X. I have a bosch 28mph haibike trekking. I felt that the PW was still a decent motor and had enough power to push up hills/terain. Not sure it would be worth paying much more for a 2018 PW-X or Xduru w/ bosch.
Where are you finding these to demo ? I can't find anyplace remotely close to NW North Carolina.

I am in southern California. Perhaps a short vacation out west is in order :)
-
Put a deposit on the fullnine 6.0 today - will be picking it up later this week. Got it for $2200+tax

I recon that was the better choice of the two.
I was surprised at the difference in price.
In NZ that would have been at least a grand.

Back