2017 Easy Motion Bikes

That diagnostic tool video up above...where can you get that program? Or is it for authorized dealers and technicians only? I'd love to fine tune my ebike through a computer laptop interface running that program. Thanks,
Rich

That diagnostic tool video up above...where can you get that program? Or is it for authorized dealers and technicians only? I'd love to fine tune my ebike through a computer laptop interface running that program. Thanks,
Rich

Pretty sure it is dealer only, and that looks like the European software, as when he removes the speed limiter, it talks about breaking the 25kph limit - that is the European limit, not the US limit. I'm sure there would be a US version of the software since we have different requirements. I noticed all the other values are set to the fast setting by default, so I don't think we'd get anything out of it even if end users did have access. I think if you look in @Ravi Kempaiah 's subsequent posts they did try using the software to change it and there was no effect as far as speed limit.

Thanks for the reply and associated info. I have the 2017 EVO 27.5 Pro and would like to fine tune it like you can on the Specialized Turbo Levo. Even without adjusting it, this is one fine and powerful bike, a surprisingly great hill climber.

Pretty sure it is dealer only, and that looks like the European software, as when he removes the speed limiter, it talks about breaking the 25kph limit - that is the European limit, not the US limit. I'm sure there would be a US version of the software since we have different requirements. I noticed all the other values are set to the fast setting by default, so I don't think we'd get anything out of it even if end users did have access. I think if you look in @Ravi Kempaiah 's subsequent posts they did try using the software to change it and there was no effect as far as speed limit.

pxpaulx- I have the Evo Jet 350 watt motor on my ebike. It is very responsive off the line (Sport mode is my preference most of the time). The way it feels in all modes, I don't think I would change anything for the 'fast' default settings. I am glad Easy Motion has it setup that way out of the factory. I agree, the software is probably not available to the consumer. The cabling that interfaces to your computer also looks like a dealer only tool. It would be nice to see what the calibrations are currently set at for our bikes using the software though.

FYI-Easy Motion Tech has verified that all of the EM ebikes are preset to 'fast' PAS default at the factory before shipment.

Last edited:
JUST WANTED TO SAY HI.My 2017 evo city wave is getting shipprd to illinois next week.I bought it instead of the 2016 because i thnk the up grades are better ,Anyone all ready have this new model, How to you think it is compared to last years unit,I hope i made the right decision here ,Thanks

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase icerat4!

Indeed I think you made a great choice going with a 2017. Here is a summary of the upgraded features:

• The rear wheel uses a quick release thru axle which will make removing the rear wheel much easier
  • The power disconnect cable on the rear is also easy to remove and put back together. Just make sure that when you disconnect it to realign the two arrows on each end of the connectors!
  • The torque sensor has smoothed things out quite nicely this year and the team at Easy Motion did well there.
  • The ergo handlebar grips are a nice upgrade and we have received quite a few compliments from customers on this.
  • The bike now comes with better fenders and is a nice upgrade
  • The rear pannier rack has also been upgraded
  • Tires have been upgraded to the Schwalbe Marathon ebike tires from the previous Kenda K-Shields which is nice (some models last year had the Schwalbe's already)
  • a few other nice upgrades
Enjoy your new bike and feel free to let me know if you every have any questions. Welcome to the ebike community.

Will
shop.scooteretti.com

Have Easy Motion changed the throttle settings on the 2017 City Wave so you can use the twist throttle to over-ride PAS? In his review of the 2016 City Wave Court reported the throttle only worked in PAS level 0 obliging him to arrow down the PAS before he could use the throttle. It doesn't appear to be the case on other models using the Dapu hub motor like the Pedego City Commuter. Just curious, cheers.

Hello Dewey,

They still have the throttle active in the "0" mode only the 4 levels of PAS remain as PAS only. Personally I prefer not having an active throttle in any of the PAS modes but others like that feature. The debate can go either way as we have some customers who have bikes with the throttle override available on all levels and want it disconnected as when they are cycling they tend to move hand positions and sometimes engage the throttle slightly and get a push when not wanted. But once again that's a personal preference.

Certainly on the Easy Motion mountain bikes that use to have a throttle (rear hub versions) now have the throttle removed which is a good thing. If you are doing more serious riding one would not want an active throttle due to safety issues when slipping which happens all the time when trail riding.

I don't think any system is bad, it's more of a personal preference for the riders.

regards,

Will
shop.scooteretti.com

Hello Dewey,

They still have the throttle active in the "0" mode only the 4 levels of PAS remain as PAS only. Personally I prefer not having an active throttle in any of the PAS modes but others like that feature. The debate can go either way as we have some customers who have bikes with the throttle override available on all levels and want it disconnected as when they are cycling they tend to move hand positions and sometimes engage the throttle slightly and get a push when not wanted. But once again that's a personal preference.

Certainly on the Easy Motion mountain bikes that use to have a throttle (rear hub versions) now have the throttle removed which is a good thing. If you are doing more serious riding one would not want an active throttle due to safety issues when slipping which happens all the time when trail riding.

I don't think any system is bad, it's more of a personal preference for the riders.

regards,

Will
shop.scooteretti.com

Hi Will-
Yes I agree with you concerning the throttle issue. I like to have it deactivated during PAS level use. I too sometimes hit the throttle while riding which would interfere with my cadence and my pedal momentum. I also have been told that all of the PAS modes are set to 'fast' default enabling the rider to have that zippy feeling off the line in all modes. Another BH feature that I really enjoy on my Evo Jet. A great riding experience in all levels! Take care are ride safe!

Great feedback Bob!

Sure no problem. After attending the local Expo, I was able to gain a wealth of information regarding the functionality of these ebikes and feel out the motor response, etc during several test rides. It was so interesting how different motor setups feel: from a bit sluggish to really zippy and responsive! I found that rear hub motors pack a nice punch opposed to a mid-drive. A 350 watt hub motor is more than enough punch for a lighter person (120-175ibs). When I tried the 500 watt motor rear hub ebikes, I really felt the power difference from the 350 watt. I think the mid drives have their place for perhaps rough terrain, however, my choice for commuter ebikes is a rear hub motor driven system IMHO. Then again, when I test rode the TREK Super Commuter8 with a Bosch mid-drive, the power and responsive zippy feeling in the drivetrain was also very present. I guess it depends on how each individual mfg has these motors tuned?? I think a good few test rides is essential when making final choices before purchase. ;)

Last edited:
I personally like to have an active throttle available all the time especially when trail riding but only thumb as it is not as easy to accidentally engage as a twist. I find it is very convenient have a "throttle boost" readily available rather than having to change PAS, gears etc to get up a small incline etc. I have an 2wd EVO Snow 48v which has no throttle and I really do miss it. My DIY 52v mid-drive with throttle is much more fun to trail ride

Back