2016 Radwagon Chain Length

WilliamT

FYI,

Its 146 links if anyone is interested. I had to buy 2 chains (116 links each) and connect them to make it work.

I think a lot of e-bikes need 2 chains to get to the right length. My 2012 iZip Zuma (cruiser-style bike) was that way.

Did you replace because of a worn chain? How many miles? I'm around 2400 miles on each of my rovers and haven't noticed any issues with the chains?

By the the time you have shifting or skipping issues due to a worn chain, you'll be in for replacing more than just the chain. In fact, if you replace just the chain at that time, the issues will most often get worse!

Then again, the first issue some cyclists notice is the chain breaking. This can cause a serious injury if it happens at the wrong time. That's what caused me to start taking a more structured approach to chain maintenance. I'm not bragging. Road rash hurts.

For these reasons a simple chain checker is a wise investment. Amazon has 'em as low as $6. I check my chains every time I clean/lube them.

During climbs, the chain just sounded like it was crying for help lol. I also used the chain checker to confirm that the chain needed to be replaced. I have 5040 miles on it.

Back