2015 Izip Zuma Battery

Al V

Hi,
I'm new to Ebiking, sort of. In June of 2015, I bought a new 2015, 48 volt, Izip Zuma. Last Week, with around 40 re-charges, my battery died abruptly. I have been tending the battery completely in accordance with the manual. When I called the dealer, he agreed that it was too soon, but said that the one Year Warrenty was over. This means that my Izip costs about $400.00 per Year. Am I the only one out there? Can this be normal? I'm seeking guidance, please! Thank you! Al V

Hi,
I'm new to Ebiking, sort of. In June of 2015, I bought a new 2015, 48 volt, Izip Zuma. Last Week, with around 40 re-charges, my battery died abruptly. I have been tending the battery completely in accordance with the manual. When I called the dealer, he agreed that it was too soon, but said that the one Year Warrenty was over. This means that my Izip costs about $400.00 per Year. Am I the only one out there? Can this be normal? I'm seeking guidance, please! Thank you! Al V
I would contact izip directly. Dealers are too quick to dismiss issues they say are out of warranty. Izip has handled my issues satisfactorily so far.

What’s the manual say as far as tending the battery?

Lithium ion batteries are complex systems. Lifetime defined by charge cycles really only works if it’s being charged and discharged continuously. With 40 re-charges, there was obviously long periods of time over the two years where the battery was sitting idle. Batteries also have a calendar life and there are chemical reactions still going on inside an idle lithium ion cell that can detrimentally affect performance when it turns back on.

I hope IZIP helped you out with your issue, but I’d guess there’s a bad cell(s) in the pack causing a low voltage cutoff.

Back