2015 E3 Path+ Second Blown Motor

What would you do?

• Give a 3rd Motor a chance?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Return and get a different bike from another manufacturer

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

Barnaby

I bought the IZIP E3 Path+ in March and rode it about 13 miles the first day. Next day, I turned it on and seconds later the screen was blank. Couldn't get it to turn back on and could barely turn the rear wheel. Took to dealer and they said it was a bad sensor in the motor, which happens "very rarely." They got a full replacement wheel and hub motor about a week later.

Yesterday, with just over 200 miles on bike, I was coasting down a steep hill, started to pedal and felt a clunk, screen went blank and the bike pulled hard to a stop...I almost wiped out on gravel. Wasn't able to ride and had an ordeal getting home.

Seems like the exact same problem as before. So...
  1. Anyone else had this problem with a 2015 model?
  2. Does this sound similar to the motor problems that were supposedly fixed in the 2014 motors I've read about here?

I had a couple bad motors on my 2014 dash that fit your description, but my 2015 has been most excellent. That second motor sounds like a magnet got loose and stuck on the stator. Sorry to hear about your problems.

I had a couple bad motors on my 2014 dash that fit your description, but my 2015 has been most excellent. That second motor sounds like a magnet got loose and stuck on the stator. Sorry to hear about your problems.

You have incredible patience and/or loyalty to come back to them after your 2014 experiences!

Currie phone rep told me to look for a sticker labeled "326" the motor, which means it is the revised motor.

I have over 2800 miles on my 2013 E3 Path with no problems at all with the
motor. Had some trouble with spokes breaking on the back wheel and had that fixed.
But if you have had this happen twice in a short amount of time it makes you wonder?
I have recently bought my second Ebike, a Kalkhoff Agattu 7 and have to say after a couple
of months, I am a happy camper...

Back