2014 E3 Path+ Issues/Conerns

Ravi, here are some examples (starting at 4:10) of wobbling and weaving in this motorcycle video, which collaborates with the mathematical description you provided :

I am reminded the oscillating movement of a pendulum.

Last edited:
Ravi, here are some examples (starting at 4:10) of wobbling and weaving in this motorcycle video, which collaborates with the mathematical description you provided :

I am reminded the oscillating movement of a pendulum.
Great illustration of wobble!

[QUOTE="

1. I am experiencing death wobble. When the bike coasts up to 30 mph it's fine. Go over that and it begins to become unstable. Several people thinks it's an out of balance wheel. A local bike shop thinks it's a design problem. I haven't seen anything anywhere about this issue on this bike.

Spin the Wheel using Throttle mode. Does the wheel need to be trued? I had to have mine done twice to fix this

Todd[/QUOTE]

Well, I've made it past 500 miles on my E3 Path. Some of the issues seemed to have either disappeared or changed a little. The local bike shop feels that because it's a new bike, things tend to loosen a little. It's been running fine so far. The shop also gave me a technique to help with the wobble. Placing my knee against the frame while traveling at higher speed downhill seems to do a good job of arresting it. I still take it easy, but have been creeping up in speed as I get better at it. I'll keep you posted.

I would offer that anybody with this problem consider changing tires. OEM tires on mid or low range bikes at over 30 mph?...not much else to say.
I have loaded down a (mid mounted battery) Dash with far more weight than intended in the rear and taken it up to speed with no problems.
If you look at how the Schwalbe Marathon Plus Ebike-rated tires are constructed...it's not hard to see why.

Possibly a good suggestion! I replaced the tires before I brought my Dash home and haven't the problems you've described, just hands off high speed coasting where I feel the onset of a wobble.

Back