2013 Turbo Experiences

1. I did not buy my own, it is not even possible. I am borrowing my dealers. He was willing to lend it to me because he felt he did not have the know how for doing the firmware update and he had a problematic client to take care of - so why not let him deal with it. I had some extra difficulty because the software is for Windows and I am running Mac OSX. I solved it by getting a trial version of VMWare Fusion and a "trial" version of Windows 8.
2. I had access to the latest firmware which to my knowledge is v. 18. Not sure if I still have it in my computer, because it was given to my by Dropbox access, which no longer works. The version can be seen in the diagnostic software. I posted some images above.
3. I don't know if they have published newer separate diagnostic software, most probably so. I understood that it is possible to diagnose a lot of these things if you have the newest battery and the Mission Control app. However, I doubt that even with MC app you'll be able to control the top speed (25 vs 45 km/h), which can be controlled in the diagnostic software.

You can ask that they produce a report from the diagnostics; it should be possible to export a CSV from it which can be imported to Excel, for example. Or alternatively that they take screenshots like above. That way it is easy to verify what they claimed to have done.

Cheers,
Marko

Marko,

Thanks a lot of your reply and pictures. It is most helpful!

Regards, Frank

Newly installed bash guard ordered from Taiwan. Hopefully less grease on the pant leg. upload_2016-4-21_19-30-48.png

The bike was stolen. It was locked with Kryptonite U-lock and inside a locked condo storage room. Surprised really it took this long. I don't think I will be getting another one either.

The bike was stolen. It was locked with Kryptonite U-lock and inside a locked condo storage room. Surprised really it took this long. I don't think I will be getting another one either.
Sorry to hear...thieves SUCK!

Just checked the fine print of my home insurance terms. For bicycles the coverage ceiling is 2500€ (-200€ excess and -7% age reduction for 2 yrs). Then there is another condition which the company can possibly use to avoid payment: "motorised vehicles are not covered".

Last edited:
I agree. It not a common bike to see around here and it can bee seen miles away. I just sent theft declaration to the police including the bike's serial number, colour and frame size. I also attached a couple of pictures to it.
I could buy the Turbo again, I liked it with the exception of ride discomfort on bumpy roads and some software quirks. However, I don't want to spend that kind of money on something that is very likely to be stolen and for which I have not full coverage (or possibly none). I guess it would be possible to have it fully covered by paying extra, but I am not so keen on that either.

Last edited:
That really does suck, sorry for your loss. When I first read in the brochure that the bike had a lock, I thought it would actually take a key to enable the motor or it would stay in some kind of permanent regen mode. I feel that would be a worthwhile feature.

Stromer ST2 has this kind of motor jamming theft mode which can be activated in case of theft. You can also locate the bike with its GPS using a Stromer app. However, I think there is some kind of subscription fee if you want to take advantage of the Omni cloud services like getting the location of the bike.

I asked my insurance company if they would want to offer an additional coverage (on top of my home insurance, which tops at 2500€) for a bike of, say, 5000€. They declined on the basis of it being too risky. So, I guess I am not getting another e-bike.

Back