201 bms im balance

Had the same issue, barely used extender battery when attached stops assist, flashes purple. Recharging, etc. doesn't help. Returned to Orbea for a firmware update so we'll see if that works. The Bike itself has been trouble free but the extender battery seems half- baked. Wish I had never bought it, I rarely use it anyway.

So JensonUSA where I purchased the battery (I don't have any Orbea dealers anywhere near me) talked to Orbea and they sent me a prepaid shipping label to return the extender battery. As soon as they got it they flashed some new firmware on it and returned it quickly. It took about a week but that's mainly because since it is a lithium battery it had to go by ground. Tried it today for a short 10 mile ride and it seems to be working perfectly. I was pleasantly surprised how everyone stepped up and didn't argue about it not being their problem but worked together to get it fixed for me. Really good of Jenson and Orbea.

I had another flashing light yesterday. I don't remember the exact code, but it said something like cell undervoltage. I was on a ride and had already depleted the extender battery (its power light was off), and the pink light was flashing. I couldn't change the power setting. I turned the system off and back on and the light stopped flashing and the system worked normally. Anyone had this particular problem? I'm hoping a charge fixes the problem and it doesn't recur.

I had another flashing light yesterday. I don't remember the exact code, but it said something like cell undervoltage. I was on a ride and had already depleted the extender battery (its power light was off), and the pink light was flashing. I couldn't change the power setting. I turned the system off and back on and the light stopped flashing and the system worked normally. Anyone had this particular problem? I'm hoping a charge fixes the problem and it doesn't recur.
This is obviously an extender battery issue that ebikemotion needs to fix. I have had a problem with mine since I bought it. Orbea USA replaced mine the first time it happened. I brought the replacement home to Canada to use on my Bianchi and not too long after same thing has happened. I notified my shop in AZ and they started a claim. Only issue is we are stuck in Canada because of covid and probably won't see AZ this year. The good news is a shop close to my home has picked up Orleans for their ebike this next season. Have already discussed the issue with them and hoping they can do firmware update and resolve the problem.

This is obviously an extender battery issue that ebikemotion needs to fix. I have had a problem with mine since I bought it. Orbea USA replaced mine the first time it happened. I brought the replacement home to Canada to use on my Bianchi and not too long after same thing has happened. I notified my shop in AZ and they started a claim. Only issue is we are stuck in Canada because of covid and probably won't see AZ this year. The good news is a shop close to my home has picked up Orleans for their ebike this next season. Have already discussed the issue with them and hoping they can do firmware update and resolve the problem.
I don't think it's the extender battery because it was powered off. It's also a new extender battery that I've only used a few times.

I got my bike back today from the bike shop and it was fixed under warranty. They replaced the range extender battery.
I got my bike back today from the bike shop and it was fixed under warranty. They replaced the range extender battery.
Glad they did that for you Mike albeit that perhaps it indicates a manufacturing/design flaw rather than a software one. Its unfortunate because the extender was enabling me to complete any ride of any distance or elevation I wanted without regard to the battery.

Back