201 bms im balance

pwal1522

Hi all, I hope you can help, I have a gain D31 and absolutely love riding this thing. I love cycling but am not a strong cyclist so the reason for my purchase. But I do hope a problem with a pink/purple flashlight light and the above message on the app. I spoke with Epic who I got it from and said to run it down and then recharge to full and then another two hours should re balance the battery. It’s not worked so far. I took it down to 8%, should I have completely flattened the battery? Any help from you guys would be great. Thanks.Pete

Attachments

• C14C8B43-1BE0-4393-8ECB-FA19AFEC3BEA.jpeg
    C14C8B43-1BE0-4393-8ECB-FA19AFEC3BEA.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 781
Had the same issue with a Bianchi Aria e-road that uses the same ebikemotion components. In my case the problem was due to the initial charge not being performed at 8+hours as stated in the manual. This, eventually gave me the exact error code as you. I ran the bike until it reached a 74% charge and recharged fully overnight. Error disappeared.. Make sure though you align the charger port with the bike's charging point. There are 2 arrows (each at respective end) that indicate proper alignment. I hope you will have your problem solved..

Thanks for the reply, so I ended up taking it to a Orbea dealer and they have updated the software and hopefully is now sorted, picking it up tomorrow. Many thanks.

Hi

I also have the issue with BMS 201 1m Balance with my 2020 M20i, when attaching the extender battery, yes I have the software update , also a replacement extender battery from my Orbea dealer, it did work in the shop, but not after charging the battery(s) at home separately, little frustrated about the extender battery never working, but the bike works great with no errors without the extender, question, should the extender and main battery be charged together to resolve the balance problem or just except the fact that extender battery may never work correctly?

Thanks

Sadly the error resurfaced a few days ago, after 4 successful cycles. I ran the procedure of discharging and recharging a couple of times but the error code is still there. Worst, while running with the error, the assist level can not exceed level 1, so to deplete 25% of the battery before attempting a recharge requires some effort. Ebikemotion support suggests a battery replacement through agent - dealer etc.. Sad to see that regardless of bike manufacturer Orbea or Bianchi in my case, such a critical, to the joy of riding, component fails to meet some standards.

Thanks for update, so new fix is a new main battery or the extender battery? I also agree that a critical component and one of the main reasons for the purchasing of the Orbea with the Ebikemotion system, was the available of having a extender battery, also the main battery was replaced for another issue earlier in the year. (Again Thanks)

Ebikemotion support recommended to replace the extender battery, in case I use one, or the main battery if no extender is used. In either case, battery is the issue. The more you have the worst your problems may be!

Had the Code 201 problem on my new F30 . Seemingly a known issue at the factory with some bikes but my retailer did a firmware update and all seems to be well now.

I too have had the Error Code 201 Imbalance problem. Out of frustration I tried riding bike anyway. Discovered I couldn't change assist levels with Iwoc button, but could through my Garmin Explore unit. Ebikemotion Error Code document states to charge battery for another 3 hours. Then if problem persists get a new charger. I have ordered a new charger and will see if that helps.

I too have had the Error Code 201 Imbalance problem. Out of frustration I tried riding bike anyway. Discovered I couldn't change assist levels with Iwoc button, but could through my Garmin Explore unit. Ebikemotion Error Code document states to charge battery for another 3 hours. Then if problem persists get a new charger. I have ordered a new charger and will see if that helps.
I had the same problem. Emailed Orbea in Spain. You have to get a dealer to upgrade the firmware. I took my bike back to the retailer and it took them about an hour to upgrade. It’s only available as a dealer app.
Working ok since.

Same error on my bike. I disconnected the bottle battery and the error code goes away, so I assume it's that battery that is the problem. I had the battery for almost a year. Bike shop is backed up and it will be 2-3 weeks before they can even look at it. Seems to be a frequent problem with those auxiliary batteries. I hope mine is still under warranty.

Same error on my bike. I disconnected the bottle battery and the error code goes away, so I assume it's that battery that is the problem. I had the battery for almost a year. Bike shop is backed up and it will be 2-3 weeks before they can even look at it. Seems to be a frequent problem with those auxiliary batteries. I hope mine is still under warranty.
Have had same issue. At the cost of those batteries I expect better. My shop has started a warranty claim. Only problem is I'm in Canada, my battery was bought in US and gawd knows when we might get back to Arizona to deal with it.

Have had same issue. At the cost of those batteries I expect better. My shop has started a warranty claim. Only problem is I'm in Canada, my battery was bought in US and gawd knows when we might get back to Arizona to deal with it.
I hope they've corrected the problem with these batteries.

Me too. Have you heard anything about Orbea leaving the NA market? My Canadian dealer carries both Orbea and Bianchi which I ride up here as Orbea never did ship the Gain to Canada. I was having some work done and inquired about trading my Bianchi for a Gain. He told me they have told Orbea is ceasing it's NA operations. I have not found any info otherwise .

Me too. Have you heard anything about Orbea leaving the NA market? My Canadian dealer carries both Orbea and Bianchi which I ride up here as Orbea never did ship the Gain to Canada. I was having some work done and inquired about trading my Bianchi for a Gain. He told me they have told Orbea is ceasing it's NA operations. I have not found any info otherwise .
No, haven't heard that.

Ha! Received this from Orbea USA shortly after last post. Maybe just leaving Canada.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200924-194617.jpg
    Screenshot_20200924-194617.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 414
Update, new charger did not solve problem, taking to dealer today hopefully he will update firmware and that will solve problem.

My bike is still in the shop and they tried the firmware update and it didn't work. They've ordered a new range extender battery to replace it under warranty and hopefully that will be it. Again, I hope this problem doesn't reoccur. The range extender is nice but if it isn't reliable...

I got my bike back today from the bike shop and it was fixed under warranty. They replaced the range extender battery.

Back