2 prong battery charger

Plummer

Region
USA
Good morning.... this is my first post, as we just bought a "used" Moscow ebike yesterday.
I say "used" as it had zero miles on it. The owner put it together, then decided it was too big for the woman to use.
Anyways.... the end of the plug for the charger is just the 2 prong one. Guess we need a converter for US outlets...???
does it not come with a new bike, bought in the state of Washington.
see attached photo.... TIA for any advice.

Attachments

• 2 prongs.jpg
    2 prongs.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 172
Good morning.... this is my first post, as we just bought a "used" Moscow ebike yesterday.
I say "used" as it had zero miles on it. The owner put it together, then decided it was too big for the woman to use.
Anyways.... the end of the plug for the charger is just the 2 prong one. Guess we need a converter for US outlets...???
Amazon should have them. Maybe even Walmart.

That looks like a European 220V plug. If so, the charger may be designed for 220V. Is the input voltage printed on the charger case? There are 110 to 220V converters available but it might be simpler to get a 110V charger with the proper plug for your battery.

Just double check the label on the adapter. 90% chance it works with 110v or 220v but double check. Assuming yes then @Dallant has the right of it, a simple adapter. Just a travel adapter will do they usually are under $10 for the cheaper ones. I've seen them for like $3-4 in our dollar stores here, even drug stores. Ask for a travel power adapter.

Also usually the plug cord isn't part of the adapter, can the entire cord be detached? If so the 2 prong US cord is usually something you can purchase easily at a goodwill store or can be ordered, there's usually a common format for the 2 prong cords, a small 2 wire connector with a couple dimples in the middle to align it.

Here's a link to the cable (no idea who this supplier is, just a quick google found them).

@Plummer

Welcome to the forum.
If you are lucky enough and the charger is universal ( 100 to 240 volt ) you can get a new plug at home depot and chop the existing one off atach the new one and you're good to go.

@Bitmugger has the right idea, the power cable that plugs into the wall should also plug into the charger so just get a new power cable, you may have one kicking around the house from a old computer or printer...

Last edited:
@Plummer

Welcome to the forum.
If you are lucky enough and the charger is universal ( 100 to 240 volt ) you can get a new plug at home depot and chop the existing one off atach the new one and you're good to go.

@Bitmugger has the right idea, the power cable that plugs into the wall should also plug into the charger so just get a new power cable, you may have one kicking around the house from a old computer or printer...
The one they gave us is a 220 charger... the photo Moscow rep sent us has a different end then the one we need.
We have a Himiway charger that fits the Moscow... thinking of just buying a new Himiway charger and call it a day.

Attachments

• end.jpg
    end.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 156
The one you showed has an XLR connector for the battery, that's not what a Moscow has they have a 2.1mm barrel connector.

You probably want a charger quick to get riding. Here's a link to Leon Cycle and the correct charger for a Moscow at 110v. ($35cad shipped)
https://leoncycle.ca/replacement-charger-48v-3a
Doesn't look like the US site has the charger though and I see you are in the US. I doubt LeonCanada will ship to US. Hmmm.

RadBikes use the same chargers and I actually like the easy to read stickers they add to their chargers. ($39usd)

Or if you want to save money, here's a link to the correct charger via Aliexpress.
Choose the first one with the 2.1mm barrel connector, then choose the US plug. Price should be around $15usd+shipping.

All of these chargers I linked to are ones that will handle 110v AND 220v by the way.

By the way I am shocked they sent you a link to that charger. It's the wrong connector AND wrong voltage for a moscow. It's for some of their other battery packs they sell.

Back