1UP versus Quik R

Silvercat

Hi,
Curious about opinions regarding whether the Quik R Mach 2 is that much better than the original Quik Rack single bike rack. I am aware the engineer who designed the original Quick rack decided to open his own business and made improvements. I saw that Mach 2 rack earlier on a pick up truck, stopped, and had a nice conversation with the owner. Sure is heavier duty with several changes.
I expect the original quik Rack single by 1UP will be sufficient for a 55 pound ebike.

Thank you!

QuickrStuff certainly appears to have come up with a quality product with some innovative enhancements. The M2 certainly has some key features that I would have liked to have seen incorporated on the 1Up such as the one key system, pivot trigger and being able to attach an add on with no tools. But as expected, these result in a higher price point which made my decision to purchase the Superduty that much easier. I can still have the rack + add on and bikes installed and loaded in minutes. Plus, there still appears to be a 5-6 month wait in production/delivery for a M2 which wasn’t really in the cards for me. So far, our SD has been a stellar performer and hasn’t disappointed.

One important point that I should touch on is that 1Up has several rack options that compliment individual customer’s needs/budgets from the Quick single to the Equipe D, HD and SD. Another 1Up accessory that we’ve come to appreciate are the wheel savers which disperse the gripping area over narrower 700c road bike wheels.

https://www.1up-usa.com/product/wheel-saver/

We’re heading out for a three-hour drive up to the mountains this week and having the bikes safely stowed behind on the 1Up is one less thing we have to worry about.

QuickrStuff certainly appears to have come up with a quality product with some innovative enhancements. The M2 certainly has some key features that I would have liked to have seen incorporated on the 1Up such as the one key system, pivot trigger and being able to attach an add on with no tools. But as expected, these result in a higher price point which made my decision to purchase the Superduty that much easier. I can still have the rack + add on and bikes installed and loaded in minutes. Plus, there still appears to be a 5-6 month wait in production/delivery for a M2 which wasn’t really in the cards for me. So far, our SD has been a stellar performer and hasn’t disappointed.

One important point that I should touch on is that 1Up has several rack options that compliment individual customer’s needs/budgets from the Quick single to the Equipe D, HD and SD. Another 1Up accessory that we’ve come to appreciate are the wheel savers which disperse the gripping area over narrower 700c road bike wheels.

https://www.1up-usa.com/product/wheel-saver/

We’re heading out for a three-hour drive up to the mountains this week and having the bikes safely stowed behind on the 1Up is one less thing we have to worry about.
Thank you in beautiful Red Deer! Worked a year there as the School District’s Chief Psychologist before heading to beautiful BC! Great trails in Red Deer too!
Thanks for your feedback. I, too, opted for the Quik Single due to the factors you cited. My only concern is being able to make the appropriate adjustments to accommodate the longer rear wheel fender on my soon to be acquired Trek ebike. I have been assured by 1UP and by several good folks on theses bike forums that fenders can be accommodated.

Thank you in beautiful Red Deer! Worked a year there as the School District’s Chief Psychologist before heading to beautiful BC! Great trails in Red Deer too!
Thanks for your feedback. I, too, opted for the Quik Single due to the factors you cited. My only concern is being able to make the appropriate adjustments to accommodate the longer rear wheel fender on my soon to be acquired Trek ebike. I have been assured by 1UP and by several good folks on theses bike forums that fenders can be accommodated.
Our little city is great, however, the winters here can be brutal but you likely know that already. Yes, awesome trail system but I rarely frequent it as I’m either riding the local singletracks or cruising the rural roads.

We hope to make the move to the Island one of these days but I’m afraid that business ties have me locked in here for a few more years.

I’m sure you’ll find the Quick S will suit your needs. Post pics of your 1Up ride once you take delivery! 👍

Back