1UP single bike rack

Silvercat

Hi,
Curious if anyone has used the 1UP rack with bike’s with fenders. The 1UP seems very good, but a bike mechanic at a local shop told me earlier today that I should sell my 1UP since it will not work with bikes with fenders (rear wheel). Seems to me that there ought to be a way to make that work, with or without the fender cushions (essentially pipe insulation) 1UP sells. I will be acquiring Trek Allant 7 soon and the rear tire fender appears quite long. I really want to make that rack work as it has many excellent features.
Thanks!

Didn't we just go through all this on your previous thread ??
Hi,
I still am hearing mixed opinions. Obviously, if I were confident about what I have heard I would not be seeking further opinions. Opinions from folks who actually use the 1UP Quik single rack with a Trek Allant 7 would be ideal.
So, thanks for what you have offered in prior responses but I am simply looking for further clarification.

Hi,
Curious if anyone has used the 1UP rack with bike’s with fenders. The 1UP seems very good, but a bike mechanic at a local shop told me earlier today that I should sell my 1UP since it will not work with bikes with fenders (rear wheel). Seems to me that there ought to be a way to make that work, with or without the fender cushions (essentially pipe insulation) 1UP sells. I will be acquiring Trek Allant 7 soon and the rear tire fender appears quite long. I really want to make that rack work as it has many excellent features.
Thanks!
I have the 1Up Dual Super Duty rack. It works fine with my bike's fenders using the adjustable wheel lock feature. They also sell foam fender attachment for the wheel lock.

I have the 1Up Dual Super Duty rack. It works fine with my bike's fenders using the adjustable wheel lock feature. They also sell foam fender attachment for the wheel lock.
Thank you for your reply…most appreciated! Could you please clarify ‘the adjustable wheel lock feature’?
I think I know what you mean but want to be sure. Are you referring to moving the wheel lock piece (short metal part that pushes against the tire) to a lower setting?
Thanks again!

Thank you!! I had a local bike shop (high end) tell me yesterday that the 1UP will not work with fenders…he suggested I sell my 1UP!
Do you have any pictures of your set up? Great to see how the wheel lock is positioned on your back tire with a fender. Rear wheel fenders drop much lower than the front tire fenders. I figure as long as the 1UP lock is positioned so that the rear tire has friction, that should be sufficiently secure.
Thanks!

Yes- it works. Done it with a Como and a Vado both without issues. Metal fenders are very easy as they don't even flex.

Yes- it works. Done it with a Como and a Vado both without issues. Metal fenders are very easy as they don't even flex.
Thank you!! Means a great deal to me to hear that as I really like that 1UP Quik Rack Single. lightweight so easy to carry, place in trunk, etc. And, so easy to secure bike! And, same for removing bike!
I noticed that my NCM Moscow Plus 29 inch ebike (about 55 pounds without battery) has a fair amount of movement when I push and pull it to check for security. But, I am confident it should not fall off. I may use a kayak ratcheting light strap from one bar to the other, thru the bike frame to the hitch for added peace of mind.
But, overall, so much lighter, and nowhere near as bulky as the Thule or Kuat models.
Thanks again!

Im using same rack with foam roller - works great.

Attachments

• 6A183E20-7CD2-48D3-BF15-31CC0016BA6F.jpeg
    6A183E20-7CD2-48D3-BF15-31CC0016BA6F.jpeg
    651.8 KB · Views: 629
Back