$19.00 repair stand

larry-new

Whoopie! Just ordered an Ibera stand from Amazon. Nothing fancy, just a metal triangle with two half plastic circles that attaches to cradle the chain stays to lift the rear wheel off the ground.

Nestled among the $@150 stands, this one caught my eye, and there was a great review from a 1000w. ebike owner, who said it worked great.

My Rad City gets another accessory...this one will let me tighten spokes easily, etc.

I think it's probably this. Looks handy. I've thought about getting one to leave in my truck for trailhead use. I use a PCS 10 at home.

I prefer to work on my bike without stooping over so far. Glad it works for you, but I like to work much higher. Easier with my bifocals too!

It would be nice, admittedly...used to have a Cannondale stand for the racing bike, but for the price, this is fine for now.

@larry-new for that price, I ordered one (to help out with my chain lubing/cleaning process, vs. turning the bike upside down and balancing on handles and seat!)
However, when it arrived, I noticed it said max load 15 kg / 33lbs. Granted, the front wheel will rest on the ground, taking some weight... Though I've got a rear hub wheel, so a fair amount of weight back there -- I'll give it a try and see -- but hopefully it won't collapse on the first or second use... (though if so, I'll be relieved to only be out $19.)

So far the stand has held up...I'm being careful when placing the bike on the stand. Nice to lube gears and check derallieur.

Those plastic hooks look pretty flimsy. I think I would use a bike trainer stand instead.

Attachments

• trainer.jpeg
    trainer.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 396
Back