Flykly shipping delayed until Jul/Aug 2015

Josh Knauer

I bought into the Kickstarter project early on and have still not received anything but email from these guys. I just received an email that due to production delays (and what seems like incompetence) my order now won't ship until July/Aug 2015.

Has anyone else received their order they made through Kickstarter? If they are having this much trouble filling early orders, I would not recommend others buying direct until they fix their issues.

I bought into the Kickstarter project early on and have still not received anything but email from these guys. I just received an email that due to production delays (and what seems like incompetence) my order now won't ship until July/Aug 2015.

Has anyone else received their order they made through Kickstarter? If they are having this much trouble filling early orders, I would not recommend others buying direct until they fix their issues.

I know customers who paid the $180 expediting fee received their wheels. Checkout the comments on the KS website.

Good luck!

I know customers who paid the $180 expediting fee received their wheels. Checkout the comments on the KS website.

Good luck!

I placed my order in February and just got notice that the order has been cancelled. Seems like flykly is having trouble filling orders, maybe I will look at the Copenhagen wheel instead? Smartwheels are definitely on the bleeding edge right now, probably 2016 will be the year to get one!

I placed my order in February and just got notice that the order has been cancelled. Seems like flykly is having trouble filling orders, maybe I will look at the Copenhagen wheel instead? Smartwheels are definitely on the bleeding edge right now, probably 2016 will be the year to get one!
Consider yourself lucky. Guess they ran out of hubs? They had a ks order so not sure how that happened.

Hope the Copenhagen wheel starts shipping soon. People have been waiting for years.

I'd wait.

I'm in the U.S. and have asked repeatedly if there was a way to pay to expedite things. I have found their customer service to be quick to reply but rude.

Hey Josh,

Have you got an update from FlyKly? I purchased my wheel the last week of April and have only received the vaguest and some what contradicting emails from flykly when requesting status updates.

From flykly:

"we are shipping and will try to ship all orders including yours as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and sorry for delay. If you have any other question, we are here for you."

Trying to "stay fly" but starting to get frustrated.

I haven't heard from them since April 13, which is when they told me to expect it in July/August 2015. I have heard nothing since and certainly have not received my bike.

Yea, after reading the posts on the kick starter page it looks like there are a lot of upset people. I guess I will just be patient especially since it will take a month even after it ships to get to CA. Pretty bummed but I suppose it is what it is....

Any update? This is the last on the site that I saw-

Update #8

Dec 12 2015

Update #8: Pledge Processing & BackerKit Survey.
0 Comments

"" style="border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">
"" style="border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">
4 likes

Hello Backers,

14 days has passed and Kickstarter has successfully processed your pledges. We had some difficulties with the credit card processing in the beginning but Kickstarter worked hard on fixing it and came through in the end. Thank you for your support in this process.

Now it's time for the survey. We partnered with BackerKit to distribute survey and collect your information. Today you should receive email from BackerKit with the link to FlyKly survey.

Christmas Edition and Early Bird Backers please process your survey as soon as you can so we can start shipping. Your rewards are ready to be shipped and only thing missing is the shipping label!

Stay Fly!

Back