New Rubbee X

Lin B

Hey Rubbee Guys,
Any chance you will come out with a version with different mounting options? It's not possible to use a rear rack with rubbee so that limits cargo, no panniers. :-(

Hi Lin ! Right now our main mounting solution is the Rhino Lock quick release mechanism so that will not change, not anytime soon at least. And yes, quick installation and portability removes the option of the rear rack. But we are working on a special accessory for that, we will introduce it a bit later so stay tuned :)

Hi Lin ! Right now our main mounting solution is the Rhino Lock quick release mechanism so that will not change, not anytime soon at least. And yes, quick installation and portability removes the option of the rear rack. But we are working on a special accessory for that, we will introduce it a bit later so stay tuned :)

Thanks for the reply. wish you guys the best with the campaign.

So far it has exceeded my expectations! I would like to know about parts, mainly new rubber wheel replacements. Where can I get more technical information?

One more pic of my road bike with Rubber X.

Attachments

• IMG_1302.jpg
    IMG_1302.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 184
There's one big question I've got for Rubbee, how well does it operate when wet?
I have the latest version Rubbee X 2. I've used only once in the rain using high power mode and got plenty of spinning out the drive wheel. I think the rain water was building up in front of the drive wheel causing aqua planning. Maybe on lower power setting would improve however I'm not worried well maybe a bit miffed; But I'm not into biking in the rain anyhow. I have the motor unit very flat on the wheel and wonder if mounting with a steeper angle might create more pressure on the tire. I'll try out sometime.

Attachments

• P1060377.JPG
    P1060377.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 160
I have a Rubbee X. When it works its great but there are times when it looses connection to the cadence sensor. for a period and then reconnects. This discourages use ofthe unit because it creates anxiety loosing boost and finding myself without the muscle to get home. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? I should add that before he connection drops and after it reconnects the sensor battery is reported as OK on the cell phone app.

I have a Rubbee X. When it works its great but there are times when it looses connection to the cadence sensor. for a period and then reconnects. This discourages use ofthe unit because it creates anxiety loosing boost and finding myself without the muscle to get home. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? I should add that before he connection drops and after it reconnects the sensor battery is reported as OK on the cell phone app.
I have a similar problem. I think it is the sensor batter even though the app says it is ok. I carry an extra battery with me and some wire ties just in case.

I had that problem at first, but I read the directions more carefully on installing the app and figured out how to correctly connect the cadence sensor and haven't had the problem since. I am also careful before I leave, that when I turn on the Rubbee, I wait to see the lights indicate a connection with the cadence sensor (sometimes you have to "wiggle" the pedal) and the lights flash green for a second.

I now have a much larger problem. I tried to use the regenerative braking. Big mistake. No matter what I tried, it would not disengage and ultimately distorted the roller so that it is more square than round and will need to be replaced. I contacted Rubbee and they are working with me for a 'fix.' Very kind and helpful. I'm hoping they can send me parts and do a DIY fix, rather than send it back, but we'll see.

It is such a handy gadget, I don't want to give up on it, but I will never trust the regenerative braking again. I think the real problem is the app, and I can easily use it without the app, or turn it off in the app. I like the app for changing from ECO mode which I prefer, and CRUISE mode when I know I have a tough hill to climb. I live in Southern Utah which is quite hilly.

Attachments

• 20230831_065608.jpg
    20230831_065608.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 71
Back