Can I test ride one of these anywhere in Austin TX

jamm13dodger

I'm very serious about getting one of these but want to try it first. Is there anywhere in Austin, TX I can take a test ride?

Thanks for any advice, JD

Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow if we aren't all housebound due to the terrible 1/10th of an inch of ice that is expected overnight ;)

Thanks, that wasn't completely obvious from their site. Not happy dropping that sort of money without a test rude so I guess I'll have to wait.

I'm with you on the test ride part! What bike are you looking to convert? Is an 'all-n-one' your only option?

I was thinking of getting one of the fixies from their shop as the ideal number of bikes is n+1, where n is the current number of bikes. I may just look into the conversion for my Brompton though.

Gotcha! +1 :), what wheel size on your Brompton? 20" or 16"? More options for 20" wheels.

So cool. The flykly is small and weights six lbs and is easy to install and remove. If you can return it then just order one as a trial and keep it if you like it. You could also work with rocket electronics as they will want to it too.

Since a 16" wheel is so small, the couple of manufacturers that I know will make them, only do it with the motor in a mag wheel. There isn't enough space to lace spokes. However, the link you show from NYCEWheels is for a 20" rim. Mag rim setup is cool until you hit a couple of potholes and bend the rim. Most of these motors are not removable from the rim (bummer!) ; however, the options are better for a 20" wheel

If you want something to ride on now, they Flykly is not available and has no delivery date and only web based service. They have no definite production date. If you have multiple bikes to outfit, then set one aside for when this kit is available and sorry @eDean, Flykly has made it clear they want nothing but internet sales (that is if they ever ship anything) so no local shop will be carrying this kit. Read their website, its very clear on this.

Back