Known Issues & Problems with A2B Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from A2B as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Problems with sticky throttles with newer bikes, issues with old style internal batteries & motors for the earlier Metros have popped up in this Forum. What have you found as solutions and resources for parts on the older A2Bs?

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from A2B as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Problems with sticky throttles with newer bikes, issues with old style internal batteries & motors for the earlier Metros have popped up in this Forum. What have you found as solutions and resources for parts on the older A2Bs?

hi I've been researching and have rode a 2013 metro with intention of buying - but what is concerning me there doesn't seem to be any parts out there . Specifically batteries. I'd like to pick up the external B battery and/or might need to get a new internal one someday So I'm asking what is status of company in terms of will parts ever be available for these bikes down the road? Their website doesn't offer much insight and some of these threads seem to indicate bad experiences . Thanks

At my age there is no doubt that pedal assist does lower the slope for 74 year olds. I have bought 3 or four e bikes however aI FIND the control box and complex charging of lit/iron batteries is an issue. I have two bionx bike both of of which do not function but I shave no idea to diagnose where the problem is. I find generally e bikes are little computers on wheels. Here in Australia they have been expensive and even after 10years a reason ale e bike is between 3 and 4 K
DThe next bike i buy Ihope the various components are easy to replace and diagnose . I also have a cheap Chinese bike called a cruiser which has been much better than the expensive brands . Sure it makes a bit of noise but I can travel 70 k on one charge. Pity they are not still around.

Back