Received my Vaude bag from Germany and installed it today. Irack is a pretty good system and the bag seems fine. It is not waterproof but there is a rain cover. The mini-panniers on the side don't seem very practical but I will try them eventually. I just want to be able to carry repair kit and a spare shirt when I am using it for commuting. It is not large enough to carry a spare battery, something that I will buy in the future for bike touring.

Here it is in action

Attachments

• IMG_2162.jpg
    IMG_2162.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 1,323
I just got my bag (trunk with side panniers that zip out for use) and some adapters from RideWill in Italy. I purchased some extra adapters to get the best shipping rate, so if anyone is interested in one of these let me know. :)

i also received my Vaude SilkRoad Plus. I ordered from a German firm called Exxpozed. Excellent service, and the bag is high quality -- but it is tiny. I assumed it would take a small laptop, important for my commute. But it will really only take a repair kit and a few other small items, and the paniers are so small as to be nearly useless. So that was $96 delivered to the USA for not a lot. The XLC bag in Jayvee's post looks bigger and with a more useful opening.

Just got a SilkRoad bag from Amazon US marked down to under $18, with the SnapIt base plate. Ordered the XLC adapter plate from BikeInn for $18 with shipping and it should come out to be a sweet deal. Looks like I'll just have to swap the plates on the bottom of the bag. I'll post up when it all arrives. This is for my SDuro Trekking 9.

I found a reduced Vaude SilkRoad bag from Amazon. Except mine does not have a Snapit plate. Mine has velcro on the bottom four corners. I expect you can velcro to the plate in the four corners. Or drill four holes in the bottom of the SilkRoad bag as I suppose that is how the other bags have plates attached. The adapter plate seems to have some flat washer attachments to make this easy to do for other bags too. But I like the SilkRoad bag for the price.

I've received the adapter plate and the holes/fit does not match The SnapIt plate. Using heavy duty Velcro for now, but it doesn't seem to be a big deal to drill new holes in the floor of the bag.

Exactly what I'm thinking regarding drilling holes. I'll follow up when I get my plate. Which was hard to find BTW. I appreciate OldNSlow mentioning BikeInn but they were out. I did find it on Amazon in Germany and they are shipping to the USA.

Last edited:
I've been scratching my head for two weeks wondering what that spring loaded clip was for. I bought a bag that attaches with velcro straps but so far it's been very solid and doesn't shift even on bumpy rides.

Well, the bag separated from the plate today on a gravel road :-(

Got my bag back on the rack. On one end the nuts are built into the rack and uses an allen wrench screw. On the other end, for some reason, they went with nuts that are not integral to the rack and thus get lost when they get loose and fall. Replacements were available at Ace but it was a bit of a PITA. Definitely recommend tightening them upon receipt and every month or so.

Correct, JayVee and good reminder. The plate adapter I got from BikeInn is the XLS/Carrymore. The trunk bag had the SnapIt plate. They are completely different. Haibike's parent holding company now owns the Carrymore stuff. I guess that's why they use it.

Has anyone just ordered the plate and attached it to a Topeak MTX bag? I have a couple of Topeak trunk bags left over from previous bikes, and I've ordered an adapter plate. Before I go looking for an XLC bag, I thought I'd check here first.

The best most durable (and affordable) that stays put trunk bag I've had with a clip-on system (that actually stays on the rack no matter what as it has a hard shell bottom that the clip-on system is on) is the Ibera PakRak clip-on bag and carrier rack. Wish Haibike will adapt their racks or at least make a rack adapter for their i-rack system. Plus their racks accommodate both the bag and panniers at the same time. I have it on all of our other bikes for the last 4 years (except the Haibike) and I've never ever had a pannier or trunk bag come undone. No matter how heavy I load them up. They also make a seatpost mount rack ($28 - $20 if you can get it during a lightning deal) that I think I might get for my Haibike as we love these bags plus I already have them. So that way I'll use the Haibike rack for panniers and the seatmount rack for the trunk bag, so all 3 (bag+2 panniers) will fit at the same time.
https://www.amazon.com/Ibera-PakRak-Commuter-Touring-Carrier/dp/B00AA8GH8G/
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71Z1pENl2cL._SX679_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Ibera-Bicycle-Seatpost-mounted-Commuter-Carrier/dp/B002T5GHNI/

Attachments

• 9198N26ZVZL._SL1500_.jpg
    9198N26ZVZL._SL1500_.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 779
  • 61GTDoT3bZL._SX522_.jpg
    61GTDoT3bZL._SX522_.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 707
Last edited:
Back