12.8 vs 13 Ah batteries

MisterBritcom

Why would the more powerful battery have a shorter range at low, pedal assist speeds than the less powerful battery?
Screenshot_20180421-214259_Chrome.jpg

No clue. Makes you think they might be recording results accurately, though, because there's no profit in under-reporting.

Unless it's a typo.
Could be a typo, the pedal assist and throttle only milages match in the 10mph, 12mph and 14mph rows of the chart. Maybe just got the numbers transposed?

Have to take all range estimates with a grain of salt. At best, it's a guesstimate. Most of the time they are ludicrously optimistic.

I just got the 19.2 and had a 12.8 before and I don't know if it's because of the difference in cells/batt chemistry but it delivers MUCH stronger power. I used to have to push it for quite a bit to hit 28 mph and now I'm getting 30-31 with ease which I didn't realize was even possible.

I just got the 19.2 and had a 12.8 before and I don't know if it's because of the difference in cells/batt chemistry but it delivers MUCH stronger power. I used to have to push it for quite a bit to hit 28 mph and now I'm getting 30-31 with ease which I didn't realize was even possible.
The larger capacity battery is able to maintain higher voltage under demand. Not because it has more volts. Because it has more watt-hours to sustain the voltage.

The larger capacity battery is able to maintain higher voltage under demand. Not because it has more volts. Because it has more watt-hours to sustain the voltage.
It is interesting to note that adding cells in parallel reduces the battery pack internal resistance, affording less voltage drop at high drain rates and so with higher voltage available the motor is stronger at high speeds. Because the voltage or potential is there to push the current, so to speak.

Back