100km on my Rize X

bobell69

Reached my first 100km today on the Rize X. Bike has been working great and seems to handle the different trails that I have been tackling. No issues thus far. I spent a few minutes today with some allen wrenches tightening up the different components just to make sure everything is tight.

I have been using my old iphone 5s with the cell phone holder I ordered with the bike. I connect it to the usb on the battery and load up the UnderArmor app which monitors the trail, speed, distance travelled, calories burned etc. Works well.

I have been mostly using the bike in Pas level 1 and 2 and riding with my granddaughter (her mountain bike is not electic), I have been able to keep pace with her. Riding on the roads at level 1 for the most part to keep abreast with her and on the hills I put the bike in level 2 or 3.

I have yet to take it on a long run, perhaps in the next few days I'll go for a 20 to 25km run to see how it performs on some hills I have in mind to try.

Battery seems to last and last. I haven't charged the battery for the past five days and it is still on full. I'll hold off from charging until the battery is down at least

one bar.
image1-Edit.jpg

This is an awesome picture! Can't wait to hear more about your experience, I've been riding it for more than 900 km thus far and encounter only minus issues which were easily fixed with the help of Rize Bikes.

I always charge my battery every time after I ride though, but I'm always in PAS 9 on full power to go faster when I move. It stil has a great range of about 30-40 km at that power / pace.

Hey Guys, I just crossed my first 100 Kms with the Rize X too and it has been great. I went a lot further on a single ride than I ever have before on my regular mountain bike. At one point I was rocking 35 KM/H on a straight rutted mountain bike trail grinning ear to ear. The battery capacity seems very high as it didn't drop below 50% over the last 2 days.

BTW, I noticed on the Rize Canada website that they just changed the Rize X to a 750W motor and 19.2 AH battery. I'm wondering if you guys think that would be an improvement or not given the performance of the bike as it is. Personally I find the power more than adequate so I'm not sure if the added weight (I assume) of the 750W would be worth it. I find my wife's Leisure to be more nimble in comparison to the X as it is definitely lighter overall (smaller frame and battery) but the Torque vs Cadence makes the X smoother to pedal... But now with a 750W X being sold, it feels like I just bought a brand new C7 Corvette and the very next day, the more powerful, mid-engined C8 Corvette is being sold for the same price... (D'Oh!) Do I need more power on the bike? Not really as far as I can tell. Do I want more power on anything I own? Always! (lol)

At any rate, I'm happy with the bike so I'm not going to worry about it and now I'm thinking of getting the stem suspension upgrade... The backside takes a beating at the higher speeds!

IMG-2484.jpg

IMG-2476.jpg

I have been mostly using the bike in Pas level 1 and 2

Is that out of 5, 7, or 9 available PAS levels?

and riding with my granddaughter (her mountain bike is not electic), I have been able to keep pace with her. Riding on the roads at level 1 for the most part to keep abreast with her and on the hills I put the bike in level 2 or 3.

How fast are you riding to keep up on the flats?

Are you still pedaling with force and getting a good workout at PAS 1, 2, and 3 (out of 9)? Or is it pretty leisurely?

I read another review that I thought implied the Rize X PAS levels assisted to a specific speed as long as you were applying pedal torque rather than the PAS level being associated with a power output correlated to pedal torque. But if you're putting it into level 2 or 3 (out of 9) on hills, it sounds like it is power related PAS rather than speed related.

Are you able to get a good workout in the lower PAS levels when using the 1-9 assist range without having to pedal super fast or ride fast? For example, can you set PAS level so that you can travel at 15 mph on the flats while getting your heart rate up and getting a good workout?

Have you tried the cruise control feature? Is it based on providing a continuous constant power output or a constant speed? For example, if you are using cruise control and start to go up a small hill, will the cruise control increase power in order to maintain the same speed up the small hill?

Back