100 Miles

Ncgo4

Got my Step-Through late Wednesday and spent that evening watching and rewatching the assembly video and putting the bike together. Could have been faster..but I’m a bit anal, I’m told. In the five days since I’ve put 100 miles on the bike and I am thrilled. Living in Hilton Head, the only hill is the toll road which is about 1/4 mile and about 12 degree rise.

I am thrilled with the purchase. Have seldom used level 3 PAS and never anything above that. The power of the bike is amazing. I weigh just under 200 lbs and even going over the bridge it has more than anything I could imagine using. Have had 2 rides over 30 miles and the battery power indicator hasn’t gone below the dimming of one square.

I added a new seat post, a Thudbuster, which has smoothed out the ride quite nicely. I also added a handlebar extension and an iPhone holder. Finally, I’ve ordered a rear view mirror and a bigger, softer seat. Draw your own conclusions, LOL. As soon as available I’ll add a front rack and baskets (2 sizes). They were unavailable when I ordered the bike and the sales person noted my order so that when they restock these items I won’t pay shipping.

All told the entire proses has been terrific, exceeded only by the quality of the ride.

I have you beat..120mi. on my brand new Haibike. Sadly our roads are now all ice and snow in Northern MI. I sure had fun for awhile though even going for night rides with temps in the low 30's. I also put on a suspension seatpost (animaris), handlebar riser (55mm) a mirror, bottle holder and rear bag for the rack. I'm hooked but can do nothing but stare at the bike (it's in the living room)

Well, you could always use the weather as an excuse to drag those new bikes south a few hundred miles, or maybe Florida. You'll play heck running out of great places to ride down here, or great weather to do it in. This time of year, you can just keep going until it gets warm enough for you. The further south, the warmer it gets! -Al

I feel for you. Originally from the Iron Range of Minnesota. Used to go to the U. P. to ski jump (iron mountain?). Hang in there, another 6 - 8 months and most of the snow will be gone.

We enjoy our winter sports too. Just got in from a 10mi. cross country ski on the golf course so the snow isn't a curse but since our bikes are so new, we were really hoping for some more time on them before it snowed.. Oh well. I never thought about heading south for an e-bike vacation, that sounds like fun

We're in a lake effect snow belt. Most snow of any place in MI below the bridge. Kind of like Buffalo

Back