10 miles with a 36 volt 10 AH battery.

James340

Region
USA
I am getting 10 miles at 20 mph.I have the pedal assist set on the lowest of the 3 settings and I am pedaling hard.This is subjective but is that about right? Thanks for your time

How old is the ebike in question? Sometimes you have to cycle a new battery a few times to get the most out of it. But judging by the low 36 volt and 10 Ah capacity of the battery 10 miles seem to make sense at full speed.

Oh, and mid-drive of hub? That makes a difference as well.

On my old RadRunner 1 I would get around 20 milesmax out of a charge if I was going fast and/or heavy on the throttle. I forget (but its still the same on new ones) the rating on that battery.

It's a new battery.Only has 1 charge since bought it.It is a 350 watt geared hub motor &I was probably going 25 mph.No throttle just pedal assist and I am pedaling hard.It has a torque sensor not cadence

I am getting 10 miles at 20 mph.I have the pedal assist set on the lowest of the 3 settings and I am pedaling hard.This is subjective but is that about right? Thanks for your time
The answer is, it depends. Depends on your weight, the weight of the bike, speed, wind, altitude gained, hills grade.

Higher weight rider, and faster speed, can make a huge difference. Try again with lowest assist, and 15 mph, and report back with more info. Might be totally normal.

With my 7AH battery, I’d have range anywhere from a low of 10 miles (major hills, high assist, and highest speed possible) to 60 miles (lowest assist or assist off, for a hypermiling ride)

Calculates to 36wn/mi which is on the high end but so many factors to consider such as overall weight/tire psi/road surface but I would say that trying to maintain 20mph is the biggest factor even in a low assist level? If you were going even faster it draws even more wh's/mi. I don't think there is anything that you can do about it but use the bike with that in mind.

I charged the battery.4 hours to get from 33 volt to 42 volt.I have a bike with a watt meter and it uses 250 +- watts for 23-+ mph in pedal assist.It is 48 volt 14.4 ah battery.

I charged the battery.4 hours to get from 33 volt to 42 volt.I have a bike with a watt meter and it uses 250 +- watts for 23-+ mph in pedal assist.It is 48 volt 14.4 ah battery.
33v is way below the low voltage cutoff for a 48v battery. Your max of 42v is closer to the LVC in fact? Are you sure it is a 48v system? Using only 250w for 23+ mph is pretty frugal but if you say so.....

My first ebike - BH Evo Cross - matched those initial specs: 10Ah 36V battery, 350W torque sensing hub motor. The battery was a bit degraded at the time of my ownership but it gave me about 50km of range from a full charge at 25 - 30ish km/h (it had a generous cut off, a bit above our legal 25). I'm a very light rider though, rode skinnyish tyres (32mm) and climbed no more than a hundred or two metres of elevation per charge cycle.

It was a good, reasonably efficient bike aside from all the error codes, motor shutoffs and eventually loose bearings in the hub, but I digress.

Wind, rider weight and, ahem, aerodynamic profile, tyre width and mass, elevation, road surface and rider contribution all play a big role in range. Heck, shaving almost a kilo off each of my tyres gave me an extra 5 - 10% efficiency.

What's the make and model bike? Other users here may be able to chime in with their experiences specific to that bike.

33v is way below the low voltage cutoff for a 48v battery. Your max of 42v is closer to the LVC in fact? Are you sure it is a 48v system? Using only 250w for 23+ mph is pretty frugal but if you say so.....
I was comparing the 2 bike's.The 250 watt reading is the cheap display & I pedal hard.The 10 AH battery is 36 volt.I think it is fake/subpar.I bought it from Caomm on AliExpress.I weights 5lb but it doesn't have much capacity for a 5lb battery

My first ebike - BH Evo Cross - matched those initial specs: 10Ah 36V battery, 350W torque sensing hub motor. The battery was a bit degraded at the time of my ownership but it gave me about 50km of range from a full charge at 25 - 30ish km/h (it had a generous cut off, a bit above our legal 25). I'm a very light rider though, rode skinnyish tyres (32mm) and climbed no more than a hundred or two metres of elevation per charge cycle.

It was a good, reasonably efficient bike aside from all the error codes, motor shutoffs and eventually loose bearings in the hub, but I digress.

Wind, rider weight and, ahem, aerodynamic profile, tyre width and mass, elevation, road surface and rider contribution all play a big role in range. Heck, shaving almost a kilo off each of my tyres gave me an extra 5 - 10% efficiency.

What's the make and model bike? Other users here may be able to chime in with their experiences specific to that bike.
I bought a aftermarket battery for a Emotion Neo Jumper.I bought the battery from Caomm on AliExpress.

Okay, so the bike is a Neo Jumper and the battery is third party from Aliexpress. I have the feeling you've self-diagnosed the issue.

I'm not familiar with that battery supplier but their prices are worryingly low for an item with the potential to burn your dwelling down. Branded batteries for that era BH bikes were really expensive and likely non-existent now (the bike is going on 10 years old). I looked into it a few years back.

Do any other users here have experience with that Aliexpress supplier?

If the current battery range suits your needs then perhaps just exercise some caution charging and storing it. If not and financial circumstances allow, it might be time to gift the bike on and invest in a more contemporary and complete ebike. Or escooter. I wouldn't personally sink more money into a decade old ebike, nice as they were at the time.

In my opinion, 10 miles on a 36V, 10AH battery isn't that great. As mentioned above though, there are many factors involved. I suspect the battery capacity may have been misrepresented.

FWIW, using moderate pedal effort in PAS 2, I consistently get 17 miles on a level, smooth, packed gravel surface with a 500W hub drive motor using a 52V, 5AH power tool battery.

Okay, so the bike is a Neo Jumper and the battery is third party from Aliexpress. I have the feeling you've self-diagnosed the issue.

I'm not familiar with that battery supplier but their prices are worryingly low for an item with the potential to burn your dwelling down. Branded batteries for that era BH bikes were really expensive and likely non-existent now (the bike is going on 10 years old). I looked into it a few years back.

Do any other users here have experience with that Aliexpress supplier?

If the current battery range suits your needs then perhaps just exercise some caution charging and storing it. If not and financial circumstances allow, it might be time to gift the bike on and invest in a more contemporary and complete ebike. Or escooter. I wouldn't personally sink more money into a decade old ebike, nice as they were at the time.
I was gifted the bike.It has 825 miles on it.I got scammed on a battery.The bike is amazing just have to get a better battery

In my opinion, 10 miles on a 36V, 10AH battery isn't that great. As mentioned above though, there are many factors involved. I suspect the battery capacity may have been misrepresented.

FWIW, using moderate pedal effort in PAS 2, I consistently get 17 miles on a level, smooth, packed gravel surface with a 500W hub drive motor using a 52V, 5AH power tool battery.
It's definitely a fake battery.It weights 5 lb but has very little capacity

It's definitely a fake battery.It weights 5 lb but has very little capacity

Here's a 48V 100ah battery, with charger, for $107 CAD. 😂

Screenshot_20230902-163830_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Caomm has a lot of good reviews 🤣 I have a UPP battery and am very happy with it but it is $300.Thanks for sharing

FYI. a 48V10AH to 48V14AH battery typically has 52 18650 cells @ 48g per cell. The cells alone then weigh about 6.5 pounds,

My cheapest battery was a 48V10AH pack that cost under $100 from China. It died after two weeks, going unbalanced, but I had run it on my 25A ebike. I found one bad cell group, conveniently located on the end and replaceable, I replaced those two cells and it has worked pretty well, giving me a useable 8AH, However, I would not ever buy another one, The battery was just made too cheaply,
wow_battery.jpg

Back