$10,000 off Haibike FullSeven Carbon 10.0 ? Buy it or not?

Shaggy

On ebay is the Full Seven Carbon for $6999. (originally $16,999!) which Court reviewed before. Is it worth the $6,999? The seller is Crosslake Sales (I can't find any negative reviews about them).
This is a lot of money for me. Any advice?
ebay listing:
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Court's review

wow that's a ton of money... yet it seems for all that carbon, it only brings the bike's weight down to what, 41 pounds? (Granted, certainly better than my 52 pound ebike -- but I'd have hoped/guessed to see a MUCH bigger weight drop, for that premium price / carbon construction...) Though I don't do any mountain biking / off-road, so I have no opinion on whether its other components are somehow worth that cost (though whether they were ever worth $17k is an entirely different kettle of fish!!) Also -- isn't carbon basically useless once you break it? (ie, in a bad crash/wreck...?) I didn't think there were reliable ways to repair it?

The seller has great feedback, is a great bike a BUT 2 years from now the ebike tech will be so advanced that a bike like this would be worth 2-3k. Look at an iphone 7plus- 150-200$ . 800$ 3years ago...
Ps- not sure why the seller needs 2 weeks for shipping ?? It may be that they are buying it from other supplier and once you buy it, they will order it for you. The pics are stock pics, if they have it, ask them for pic with their store name written on cardboard in front of this 17$ bikeeee

The seller has great feedback, is a great bike a BUT 2 years from now the ebike tech will be so advanced that a bike like this would be worth 2-3k. Look at an iphone 7plus- 150-200$ . 800$ 3years ago...
Ps- not sure why the seller needs 2 weeks for shipping ?? It may be that they are buying it from other supplier and once you buy it, they will order it for you. The pics are stock pics, if they have it, ask them for pic with their store name written on cardboard in front of this 17$ bikeeee
Yes, I assume they are sourcing from Haibike the mfgr or some distributor - has to be overseas to take so long. On ebay, Paypal is excellent protection for buying, but the listing on amazon include assembly by a local bike shop. Same price, same seller both places. I dont know what Im gonna do - procrastinate as usual likely! LOL

Well most imp. Is warranty and dealer location. Seriously for that kinf of money i would get a Stromer Sts2 or St3 and be the king of the city. The Haybike looks mostky like any other nice bike and the battey is not that big. I don’t like the Stromer bikes much b/c they are a bit overweight and bulky, but i like their higher end ones with the Di2, 983wh and Digital tricks(Omni, the Lcd screen, Theft prevention).
Is the Mercedes G65 AMG of E bikes period.
On the Swiss bike you Can also take battery out with a push of a button... the Haibike you pay for lots of carbon bits .
Keep in mind the real powerful Haibike the FLYON will be coming in 2020, at similar prices(5-9k) and they have power- 120nm, 630wh. You could also instead put a deposit for one of them and just wait it out..

Yes, I assume they are sourcing from Haibike the mfgr or some distributor - has to be overseas to take so long. On ebay, Paypal is excellent protection for buying, but the listing on amazon include assembly by a local bike shop. Same price, same seller both places. I dont know what Im gonna do - procrastinate as usual likely! LOL
Random Bike Parts is a drop/shipper, at least for Haibikes. They may have a few in stock, but the majority of what they list online gets shipped to them from a Haibike warehouse upon order.

I saw a high-end Haibike listed there for ~45% off last year, but their website seemed a bit half-assed. Like @Ebiker01 points out, they only had one low-resolution stock photo of each bike listed, and (gasp) they spelled HaiBike with a capital B (among many silly errors and oversights)... The site's chat function, however, said they were unavailable to chat at that time, but if I ordered now I'd get an additional 10% off.

I called the next day and asked a lot of questions after ensuring that I could still get that extra 10%. The kid I spoke with (he sounded 18-20, tops) talked in circles for a while before I was able to discern that I had to order the bike first, then Haibike sent it to them to "check the battery and stuff" before they'd ship it to me. They had a tech that only came in 2 days a week (sounded more like he was a consultant), which may be why they take a little longer than other drop-shipping outfits to get the bike to you.

But when I asked if the bike had the EMTB mode update on its Bosch CX motor (and if they could add it if it didn't), nobody there knew WTF I was talking about (I gathered that there were two people in the "shop" that day). At that point in time, that Bosch update had been around for several months! It sure seemed to me like they were working out of someone's garage or basement - I was so unimpressed that I opted to buy the same bike from another place that ended up giving me an even better deal.

I've bought a couple of Haibikes - from 100% legit bike shops - that arrived via UPS with return addresses that said "Accell NA" (Haibike's North American parent company). It was pretty obvious that it the bikes were factory packed, not re-packed after shop "inspection." My guess is that if you really want that bike sooner that 2 weeks after ordering it, you could get them to have it sent directly to you from the warehouse.

For what its worth, I bought a Haibike for my wife from Random Bike Parts over a year ago for a pretty good discount. On delivery the bike box was a bit banged up, but the bike was fine and as advertised. She hasn't had any problems with it since it was purchased. If I was going to purchase another Haibike, Random would be the first place I would check.

Seriously for that kinf of money i would get a Stromer Sts2 or St3 and be the king of the city.

The Haibike is an e-mountain bike; the Stromer is an urban e-bike. Not comparable at all.

I purchased my Haibike from Random Bike Parts last year. Mine was also delivered in a banged-up box, but the bike was fine. I would use them again if the bike and discount was right.

First of all I also bought my haibike from Randombikeparts. I had a very good discount. They were responsive to my questions. Yes they pretty much send the original factory box to you but it is not necessarily a bad thing. Mine arrived on time and in good condition, they pack these bikes well in the warehouse. I didn't have any problems, damage or missing parts and knowing that you are getting a brand new bike instead of a floor model was a plus for me. They are honest with you about the condition of the bicycle.

Of course you should not expect much after sale support and warranty claims has to be made to Currie directly but that is a risk I was willing to take since the other options were $1K-$2k more expensive (another bike shop was trying to charge me $600 more for a floor model of the exact the same bike). They also give an additional %10 when you buy it from their website so it makes a big difference make sure to use it.

However let me reiterate that is if you don't expect much after sale support from them...

In terms of the bicycle itself, I think you should make your decision wrt. the components of the bike rather than it being carbon. Yes Carbon is a big plus and it is very light for an ebike but still components still will make a major portion of the cost and it will still be heavy compared to a non ebike. I believe this one also comes with a very high quality groupset, suspension etc. So probably the price is actually very good if you have use for these components.

Comparing this to a Stromer doesn't make sense. Stromer is a commuting bike with a hub motor and no suspension designed to go fast and shorten the commutes, this is a mountain bike with very high quality components designed for trails, apples to oranges.

So make some research, shop around , look at the other online stores too and ask questions. You can request some photos and make them check the box to make sure no parts are missing before shipping (Especially since the frame is carbon I would want them to inspect the frame for any cracks etc. ).

Of course if you have a close by haibike dealer you can just go and ask them to match the price(this looks like Haibike's classic clearance so you can probably get it for the same price from a local bike shop).

In the automotive world, you pay for performance/looks and you get it. Here, I believe it has the same 20 mph drive train of any othet Haibike, and no great weight savings. I don't see why someone would want to pay $16K. Marked down to $7K. I still cannot see it as a deal if $7K is a lot of money to you.

Crosslake sales is the same company on ebay that is selling Sundeal 20" folders for around $100 plus $34 shipping I almost snagged one for $110 shipped, but didn't really need it, so I backed off. If they got their feedback selling cheapo bikes, maybe not the bet guys to support a expensive Haibike,.

Three people in the thread , including me, have expressed their experience in buying haibikes from the seller. All of us seem to have had a decent buying experience.

Yet the people who are skeptical did not actually buy from them. I am not advocating for the the seller but I find the criticism not justified in this case.

The second problem is, you are making the comments without actually looking at the technical specs of the bike. One post talks about how Stromer has Di2 yet if you look at the spec sheet you will see that this one also comes with DI2 shifter. On top of that it comes with a very high quality fork and rear suspension while Stromer does not have any suspension. I believe magura mt8's are also on par with Stromer's brakes etc. When I look at haibike's site the non-carbon MTB's priced close to 6k seem to come with slightly lower tier (still good just not as good as this one) components compared to this one. With the discount one can get this bike for around 6k.

Now I am not claiming that I am an expert but I think it would be much more helpful to the op if people, especially serious mountain bikers who bother to look at the tech specs, components one by one comment whether the bicycle itself is worth it or not.

As a side note the car analogy bears very little meaning here. When you are buying a luxurious car you don't always pay for performance as there are 40k muscle cars today which will perform as good as a fancier 80K Lexus/mercedes etc. You also pay for luxury(leather seats , fit and finish etc. ) and Brand name. You can't easily sell a $60K worth car as a toyota but if you put a Lexus badge you can sell it for $80k. Oh well this is completely off topic.

I thought about this bike as well and one has to ask why it is still around. I would say because at more than $6k, it being last year's model, it being still early in the season, it being carbon, the funky wheels, the Bosche motor are the reasons. Having spoken to RandomParts there is standard Haibike warranty, it has top components so it is a purchase worth considering.

I happen to think that 41lbs is pretty good. The 2019 Specialized S-Works Turbo Levo is 45 lbs and its $12K. Mention is made that Court reviewed it before however he clearly states that the review is for the 2016 model. So his review is not really related to the bike in question.

Using E-biker's logic that this $6k bike will be worth $2-3K in a couple years, what will a current $2-3K bike be worth in a couple of years? Probably 50% of it's original cost so no different than E-biker's estimation of the depreciation of this bike in question. Will technology be so much more advanced in a couple years? Maybe on the motor/battery, arguably worth about $1500 of the bike's total value. But components and carbon should be about the same IMO.

Having spoke to a few shops recently the consensus is that the Shimano E8000 is the better tried and true motor. So IMO the bike's weak link is the motor, those wheels (are they strong enough), and the fact it is discontinued doesn't help. Not really any reviews either (of this particular year's model).

A little late night rambling so sorry...

My personal view is that I would not pay more than $4K no matter what the ebike, full carbon or not, DI2 or not. No matter how much is being discounted from list price. And I very much doubt anyone ever paid that $17K list price for a freaking 41lb ebike. Not unless it had a frame made out of liquified gold bars.
BTW this all carbon mid drive bike is also 37lb with carbon fork and 41lb with suspension fork for under $3K (it is not a full suspension but a suspension seatpost would fix that)
https://shop.m2sbikes.com/collections/all-go-carbon/products/all-go-carbon-fiber-electric-bike

A lot of times manufacturers decide on the pricing if basically they they can get away with it and have some sales...
Does the iphone x is worth 1k ? The components are 75-100$, a few miligrams of gold in it. An ostrich bag 4k ? The skin itself for the whole bag is 150-200$ . The di2 system itself 2k ? The research payed For itself from a few hundred of sales, the rest is just massive profit.
But is a whole chain of companies , people that take a percentage and right now the system is based on providing jobs.

On ebay is the Full Seven Carbon for $6999. (originally $16,999!) which Court reviewed before. Is it worth the $6,999? The seller is Crosslake Sales (I can't find any negative reviews about them).
ebay listing:
Court's review
BTW and FWIW, at $7K there is an ebike that blows away every other full carbon full suspension ebike before it:
https://electricbikereview.com/foru...-sensors-cameras-live-competition-mode.27180/

ebay listing:
Court's review
Check out Excess full carbon emtb with much more powerful Bafang Ultra 48v motor and larger battery for similar price. https://www.exess-bikes.de/index_en.htm

That Haibike 36v motor is weak and the battery is small.

Back