Zipped Past a Want-A-Be Lance Armstrong

RussC

Region
USA
I am 58 years old and was following a young athletic want-a-be Lance Armstrong. I was wearing gym shorts, cheap shirt and crocks and decided to kick my Gazelle 380 plus up to Turbo and blew past him while taking a phone call.

Attachments

• 2DEDF782-EAEA-4C5A-A18E-AE0ED6B806D0.jpeg
    2DEDF782-EAEA-4C5A-A18E-AE0ED6B806D0.jpeg
    457.7 KB · Views: 202
I can almost see his post on roadbiketrainingdotcom:

I'm in the final stage of my 60 mile training ride and a wannabe crash victim blew by me on a scooter...

Seems a bit harsh for a first post on a forum full of cyclists, both e and non e. I'll chalk it up to youthful enthusiasm. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
i really hope that when i’m 58 years old i don’t get some pathetic sense of pleasure or misplaced superiority from demonstrating the obvious fact that vehicles with motors can go faster than most humans can go without motors.

seriously, you give all ebike riders a bad name.

enjoy your bike but stop being a dick.

I have to admit that I do get some guilty pleasure blasting by someone decked out in all their spandex gear, riding a light carbon road bike. Having said that, I'm often that guy when I ride my light, carbon road bike. 😆
When riding my road bike I don't mind being passed by someone riding an ebike, but it still bothers me when another roadie passes me.

i really hope that when i’m 58 years old i don’t get some pathetic sense of pleasure or misplaced superiority from demonstrating the obvious fact that vehicles with motors can go faster than most humans can go without motors.

seriously, you give all ebike riders a bad name.

enjoy your bike but stop being a dick.
Lighten up.

My route to work. No road going ebike is going to smoke this old man's bike on my range.
If I come across as vain so be it.
This is a closed bike path under construction right outside my back door.
7 miles of it.
Blue dot is me and my Ridiculous ebike. On the Google map.
White line is paved, ahead is unpaved, packed dirt, gravel, and rocks.

Rome,

I also have a bike path near my home but not as beautiful.

Thank you for sharing

Russ

A little courtesy goes a long way towards fostering mutual respect, something the world never has enough of. Over the years you get a good sense of when you'll be playing leapfrog with a cyclist and when you or they have a clear speed advantage. For example, with our 25 km/h limits road cyclists smoke me on the flats (to use a term popular around here at the moment). If I'm at the head of a line at lights I'll defer to roadies, joking there's no way I can push my anvil of a bike much past 25.9 km/h. More often than not we'll have a chat, talk bikes and go our separate ways with a smile. But yes, ebikes are ridiculously fun

Last edited:
I think most of us have had the guilty pleasure of overtaking a roadie, especially uphill. The point is not to brag about it. The roadie will kick our ass downhill anyway.

If someone thinks e-bikes are for racing, let him beat a peleton 😊

I obviously misjudged my audience. I had no idea this site has no sense of humor.
Words on a page are dry and when you meet someone on the internet for the first time you have no context.👍

Someone that could brag and tease about beating a roadie..... but he'd never do that😁

Back