2020 Yukon 750 Limited chainring swap

Jmoser

Hello,
I'm brand new to this forum as I've just ordered a 2020 Yukon Limited. I'm interested in swapping the stock 44 tooth chain ring to a 50 tooth chain ring to get the optimal gearing I'm looking for.
If anyone could help me answer a couple questions, it would be very helpful.
1. Is there a manufacturer and model number of a 50 tooth chain ring that anyone can recommend, that would be a direct replacement?
2. Would I have to lengthen the chain to compensate for the larger chain ring diameter?

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks!

I have Deckas narrow-wide chain ring. I was on the same boat and someone here on EBR recommended Deckas.
The quality is impressive for the price, I'm quite happy with Deckas.

My last one was Prowheel steel chain ring, and I can tell you this Deckas aluminum one is far better.

For 104 BCD, they have 40T, 42T, 44T, 46T, 48T, 50T and 52T.
(If you look hard, there might be cheaper seller on AliExpress, but I don't know. I found that price jump quite a bit once you get 40T or larger)

I would get one from AliExpress. I always shop there.
However, they're in China and they do take a long time to ship.. sometimes up to 2 months!
And this Covid 19 pandemic isn't helping at all either.
Great, thanks for the info! I'll check it out.

Hey.... same boat..OR BIKE....lol.
I've got a Yukon 750 Limited on order and the chain ring bolts may be an issue with the swap. I am trying to figure out if it will require "Double bolt" 8mm or just the stock chain ring bolts reused if there isn't a Rock Ring Guard.

I myself have a 50T Deckas on order and I suppose I will have to install it on the outside of the cranks without a Ring Guard. I will be waiting to see if the chain itself will need extra links or not. I have been told the chain will be fine stock length.

Hey.... same boat..OR BIKE....lol.
I've got a Yukon 750 Limited on order and the chain ring bolts may be an issue with the swap. I am trying to figure out if it will require "Double bolt" 8mm or just the stock chain ring bolts reused if there isn't a Rock Ring Guard.

I myself have a 50T Deckas on order and I suppose I will have to install it on the outside of the cranks without a Ring Guard. I will be waiting to see if the chain itself will need extra links or not. I have been told the chain will be fine stock length.
Please excuse my ignorance but what does "double bolt" mean?

I get my Yukon tomorrow from shipping :)

I just swapped my 44T chainring for a 50T and 32T.. i reused the bolts that where on there already, as you loose the outer and inner guard..
104475242_10217944729118444_1358092082976328601_o.jpg
104459673_10217944731078493_863887942573152675_o.jpg

I am interested in changing the rear 13T cog to an 11T but the VOLT site states "Freewheel...Cassette" so...not sure which type I should be looking at. I think I will have to wait until I have the bike in my hands before ordering one :mad:

I am interested in changing the rear 13T cog to an 11T but the VOLT site states "Freewheel...Cassette" so...not sure which type I should be looking at. I think I will have to wait until I have the bike in my hands before ordering one :mad:

It should be a freewheel.. I was looking for a 11-34T freewheel, but can't find any.. only cassette types..

YES I just found that the cassette type can accept a threaded cog that small but the Freewheel does not...BUT I did find SRAM has a brand new Micro? or something like that freewheel. The only info on it I can find is a Youtube video.

Micro Spline Freehub...This is where the smallest cogs can be threaded onto the outside on the freewheel. Cogs can be as small as 11T or even10T

OK.....I found this finally but must be ordered by E-mail conversation.... 11-34 gear set which comes standard on the 2019 City. That gear set can be purchased from Mr. Jay Lee in Taiwan [email protected]

I really want to but just have to build up the nerve to pull the trigger.

Back