Zipped Past a Want-A-Be Lance Armstrong

I obviously misjudged my audience. I had no idea this site has no sense of humor.
No, most of the members here probably have a healthy sense of humor. It may have been a poorly constructed joke with little context. It happens to the best of comedians, that's why they tour small clubs, make jokes, and re-write them over and over again to work them out.

As Larry David says when his jokes don't land, "hey, I took a chance'. Don't let it discourage you. Keep trying. I'm looking forward to the jokes you write that do "land".

The image of a grown man wearing Crocs while riding a bike is kinda funny though.

Last edited:
No, most of the members here probably have a healthy sense of humor. It may have been a poorly constructed joke with little context. It happens to the best of comedians, that's why they tour small clubs, make jokes, and re-write them over and over again to work them out.

As Larry David says when his jokes don't land, "hey, I took a chance'. Don't let it discourage you. Keep trying. I'm looking forward to the jokes you write that do "land".

The image of a grown man wearing Crocs while riding a bike is kinda funny though.
Tom

Thanks for your words.

We can all agree to disagree and when we do civility goes along way. Calling someone a d*** is high school stuff, but I forgive him. He along with a lot of us are nervous about the direction our country is going.

I will say the roadie (I learned a new terminology) kicked my butt on a slight downhill. I was going 30 mph which is moving for a middle age 230 lb guy with or without a motor.

In Turbo the motor stops at 28 mph and on the flats I must push to get it to 29 mph with my leg power.

I usually bike in Tour with my wife who has the Gazelle E8 which tops out at 20 mph.

We both love our Gazelles. I tested a lot of rear hub ebikes and they were nice, but in the end we felt like the Gazelle mid-drive responded more like a bike.

Russ

P.S. a confident man wears crocs😁

On my commute roadies look down on ebikes but are very quick to draft behind them when there is headwind. I slowly increase speed till they can't hold on any longer the other trick is to slowdown till they pass then draft behind them.

On the other hand if you want to make friends with roadies offer to give them a pull.

Not impressed at all by the OP's effort btw. We are all cyclists in the end and should be mindful of each other.
I've so been tempted to do that. Now that I know some are willing I may offer.

Reactions: JRA
On my commute roadies look down on ebikes but are very quick to draft behind them when there is headwind. I slowly increase speed till they can't hold on any longer the other trick is to slowdown till they pass then draft behind them.
😂. I like to follow some of these guys at a distance and then speed up closer to them when they aren't looking back. When they look back I just casually pedal. Some of them look back a lot when they see a guy in flannel casually pedalling yet catching up quickly.

I admit I passed a much younger guy once when I had my bike on turbo. I wasn’t trying to show him up but was in a hurry to get home. As I passed him I realized he was on an e bike also. I’m guessing turned down to eco because he looked in much better shape than me.

Back