Yuba Bread Basket

TimG

I checked today and it looks like the Yuba Bread Basket (large front basket) will fit on the Radwagon. The caveats are that you have to remove the front light, and you may have to do some cable management to keep them out of the way of the basket. I haven't installed the basket yet, but I am strongly considering it. There are pre-drilled holes on the Radwagon frame ready to accept the Bread Basket. Does anyone know if Rad is planning to produce their own front basket?

They just posted the rear rack for the 2016 RadRover on their website yesterday so hopefully more accessories are on the way. I suppose that they've had their hands full with the launch of the RadMini.

Well, 30 days came and went, and I didn't see anything on their website about a front basket. So, I purchased and installed a Yuba Bread Basket. So far, so good. It holds A LOT of stuff.

Cool! There are a few caveats- The mounting hardware that is included with the basket does not fit the bike. You could possibly drill out the holes so that it fits, but I just used the 4 screws that are already on teh bike in the mounting holes. I don't know if it is "full strength," but it seems plenty stout for what I'll be carrying. I also had to remove the headlight, and when installed, the basket compresses the cables a bit. It's also a learning curve to ride with it. You lose the visual cue of seeing your front tire move when you turn the handle bars.

Thanks. That's good info. How long did shipping take? Did you order from Yuba directly? Does the cable compression effect the braking at all? sorry for all the questions.

I have had a Radwagon for about 9 months now and I'm ready to just buy the Yuba basket too. Were you able to put the front headlight back on after installing the basket? I would really like to keep my light but would LOVE to have a basket up front.

I have a Yuba Bread Basket on my wagon. I re-installed the light on the front of the basket. The hardware from Yuba does not fit the wagon. I had to get some bolts and bushings to make it fit. It works great though. I put up to 25lb groceries or our little dog with no issues.

I'm curious how this will fit. The mounting holes don't seem to line up..

Example: I got a RadRover in August 2016. Awesome. I had my iconic beer bottle opener installed on one side and a prototype bottle holder on the other. My father loved the Rover and wanted one for himself in early 2017. So he bought one. We moved the beer bottle opener & prototype bottle holder onto his bike. They did not fit. The bolt holes on the new bike were off by about a 1/4 of an inch. Both products had to have the mounting holes rounded out so that they could then screw into the frame.

So with the bread basket - if it's a fixed frame with no adjustments - I'm curious to see how many users will have issues installing due to non-fitment.

(Fit on white, didn't fit on black)

IMG_1200.JPG

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 11.23.13 AM.png

Last edited:
This is the only picture I have right now. I'll try and get one of the mounting.
The Radwagon has wider spacing between the top and down tubes. The Breadbasket is spaced perfectly for the wagon but would not fit on a rover.

Attachments

• IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,401
Very nice!! It'd be nice if the bread basket was known to fit the Rover/City tho. I wouldn't get one but I know there are folk out there who would!

It's all no name. The seat is from Blackburn. The suspension post is an X-Lo7. The bag is from Disco Man and is actually supposed to be attached to the stem. The phone holder has no name on it but it attached by removing the stem cap and replacing with one that attaches to it. It is awesome. puts the phone right where you can reach and see it easily. The bottle holder is Planet Bike. It all works well and was less than $100 total on Amazon.

Back