XP 2.0 vs. 2.0 ST

Doggyman1202

I already own a full size E-Bike I'm more than happy with, but the Black Friday special on these Lectric's is still very tempting for several reasons: A) While it's a pretty heavy bike, I can keep it in the car trunk most of the time for impulse trail rides away from home. B) It can be an extra bike for riding with a family member or a friend. C) It's arguably the best value deal I've seen since I started researching e-bikes a couple of years ago.

I'm inclined to go with the step-thru for family member versatility (teen-age grandchild in particular. I might even just gift it to her for a big upcoming birthday) but wondering if I'm missing any significant trade-offs otherwise. At least one Youtube reviewer (very nicely produced review, btw) pointed out the relatively low pedal position on the step-thru, which could potentially bottom out. Has that been a practical problem for anyone here? Besides the obvious frame geometry, are there any other pros or cons I should be aware of when comparing the two styles?

My 5’6” wife is perfectly happy with her Step-thru. We have changed out the seat, handle bars and added a mirror.

My 5’6” wife is perfectly happy with her Step-thru. We have changed out the seat, handle bars and added a mirror.
Thank you, bluetex. I just ordered the step-thru. In addition to the Black Friday extras, the only other add on will be a bar end mirror, assuming that is feasible with this bike.

I have 2 2.0 step thru's, one for myself and one for my wife. We like them and the main reason we went that route was the batteries match in case we want to swap or someone wants to go on an extended ride with both batteries.

As far as the pedals being low, that is definitely a valid argument. I have scraped my pedals on several occasions, you just have to be aware of trying to not keep the low side down and do a sharp turn at the same time. It has never caused a crash or anything, but the pedals do have some scars :)

I already own a full size E-Bike I'm more than happy with, but the Black Friday special on these Lectric's is still very tempting for several reasons: A) While it's a pretty heavy bike, I can keep it in the car trunk most of the time for impulse trail rides away from home. B) It can be an extra bike for riding with a family member or a friend. C) It's arguably the best value deal I've seen since I started researching e-bikes a couple of years ago.

I'm inclined to go with the step-thru for family member versatility (teen-age grandchild in particular. I might even just gift it to her for a big upcoming birthday) but wondering if I'm missing any significant trade-offs otherwise. At least one Youtube reviewer (very nicely produced review, btw) pointed out the relatively low pedal position on the step-thru, which could potentially bottom out. Has that been a practical problem for anyone here? Besides the obvious frame geometry, are there any other pros or cons I should be aware of when comparing the two styles?

I could use a gift 🎁 too my birthday is in March but Christmas 🎄 works too

Thank you, bluetex. I just ordered the step-thru. In addition to the Black Friday extras, the only other add on will be a bar end mirror, assuming that is feasible with this bike.
I also ordered the Black Friday bundle - standard model on Black Friday, I ordered by phone since I had a question and was told it would ship sometime this past week and arrive next week. Monday I received an email the bike had shipped and it arrived Wednesday, after only five days from my order date, which was a pleasant surprise. I viewed LOTS of YouTube videos before pulling the trigger on the purchase. I’ve been studying the manual and taken one short test ride just to get the feel of a peddle bike after about 40 years. I also own a motorcycle but that’s a different thing. I’m in my mid 70s but young at heart and I look forward to replacing my 30 minute walks with occasional rides along the waterfront bike and walking trails in my area. Just joined this forum today and have already learned a few tips. I hold to give a review after I’ve put some miles on the bike and am likely to have a few questions. Thanks!

Back