XP 2.0: Is 4 Weeks Realistic?

morgueman

I just checked and it says "Ships within 4 weeks" for the XP 2.0. Is this realistic, given the posts of others waiting for months, or should I expect to wait much longer? I haven't pulled the trigger yet, and am considering other bikes as well. Thank you!

also been waiting 10 weeks, been e-mailing and even call, so far nothing, 4 weeks not going to happen, they still need to ship the rest of may bikes then june , july and part of august, expect more than 10+ weeks, if i knew what i know today i would have not ordered from lectric,

"Ships in 4 weeks" is from a copywriter. EBR results are from buyers. Who do you believe?

I just checked and it says "Ships within 4 weeks" for the XP 2.0. Is this realistic, given the posts of others waiting for months, or should I expect to wait much longer? I haven't pulled the trigger yet, and am considering other bikes as well. Thank you!
the “ships in 4 weeks” is semi accurate. seems they are trying to get bikes from china to Lectric within a month, last news from Lectric was they had increased production to 16,000 bikes per month.

however, the 4 weeks estimate is NOT from time of order to your door. delivery from CA or AZ to anywhere is still severely impacted by Fedex. again as of this week Lectric CS told me Fedex is picking up approx 500 bikes per weekday. so you may get a “fedex label created” message within a 4 week timeframe from order, but the actual,delivery to your door could be several more weeks. bikes seem to be taking 2-3 weeks from label creation to actually being in fedex possession. and then because they ship over land only, add a week or more onto that depending on your proximity to CA or AZ.

It seems shipping is getting faster than it was even a few mi this ago, but keep in mind these are estimates and NOT promises of delivery. Don’t get bent out of shape if you assume 4 weeks until it’s in your hands and it’s actually 8 weeks or more.

also keep in mind supply chains for bike components, tires, batteries, etc are very volatile right now, meaning that a supply chain issue like no tires available will throw a wrench into it all. the reality is, itis currently impossible, absolutely impossible to predict any date of delivery at the time of ordering. for any manufacturer who is not selling out of existing inventory.

It said 6 weeks when I ordered in May and 10 weeks later all I've received is the comfort package, so yeah....NO, "realistic" is NOT a word I would to describe that :rolleyes:.

To me, “ships in 4 weeks” means that within 4 weeks, my bike will be on a FedEx truck headed my way from Phoenix. That’s just not gonna happen.

If “ships in 4 weeks” means that within 4 weeks your bike will be on its way from point of manufacture (China), then sure, I believe that. Then figure at least 8 more weeks to get it on a FedEx truck in the USA.

And, yeah, @Deerdog nailed it… I’m sure UPS would be happy to come pickup a truckload of bikes every day as well.

-Mike

To me, “ships in 4 weeks” means that within 4 weeks, my bike will be on a FedEx truck headed my way from Phoenix. That’s just not gonna happen.

If “ships in 4 weeks” means that within 4 weeks your bike will be on its way from point of manufacture (China), then sure, I believe that. Then figure at least 8 more weeks to get it on a FedEx truck in the USA.

And, yeah, @Deerdog nailed it… I’m sure UPS would be happy to come pickup a truckload of bikes every day as well.

-Mike
You are absolutely right! That "ships within 4 weeks" statement on the website has got to be the most misleading and stupid thing I've ever seen. Everybody who reads that would think that it means shipped to you within 4 weeks. Who gives a f--k when the bikes are shipped to them? The only date anybody cares about is the delivery date to their house.

You are absolutely right! That "ships within 4 weeks" statement on the website has got to be the most misleading and stupid thing I've ever seen. Everybody who reads that would think that it means shipped to you within 4 weeks. Who gives a f--k when the bikes are shipped to them? The only date anybody cares about is the delivery date to their house.
sure, agree to a point, however, if Lectric does not control FedEx how would you suggest they control the timing of the delivery to your door?

Much if the delay issues are not related to Lectric having the bike ready for shipment or not, it has to do with FedEx throttling the pickup quantities each day, which then cascades into time from Lectrics door to your door, Fedex is the authority in your delivery date once they take possession of the bike and Lectric has virtually zero influence from that point forward. So what is it you want lectric to “promise” at the time of transaction? What do you think they are capable of promising?

sure, agree to a point, however, if Lectric does not control FedEx how would you suggest they control the timing of the delivery to your door?

Much if the delay issues are not related to Lectric having the bike ready for shipment or not, it has to do with FedEx throttling the pickup quantities each day, which then cascades into time from Lectrics door to your door, Fedex is the authority in your delivery date once they take possession of the bike and Lectric has virtually zero influence from that point forward. So what is it you want lectric to “promise” at the time of transaction? What do you think they are capable of promising?
Perhaps just an honest statement like you just made about delivery ... "4 to 6 weeks from China to USA plus time for trucking to you" would be an improvement .

Ppl forget they are not selling out of available inventory, they are selling based on planned inventory. they are communicating to you that it’s basically a 4 week back order now, which is nearly 2x better than what the back order situation was in May.

They’ve previously communicated that they’ve increased production to 16,000 per month, but they’ve also communicated that fedex is only picking up about 500 bikes per day.

So when they say “Ships in 4 weeks” to me that essentially means that if i place an order today, they plan to be able to allocate it and print a label for Fedex pickup in 4 weeks from time of order.

What transpired with April, May, June orders is irrelevant, how long those people waited is also irrelevant in terms of what the current situation is. that shipping estimate could also change for orders placed next week, or next month. and i’m sure they’d like to get to a situation where they are shipping from available inventory same day or next day. But that still does not mean anything about the day it arrives at your door.

Unlikely that they have any inventory. They order when they have enough bikes presold to fill a container or two.

I ordered a black XP July 7th. The website said ships in 5 weeks. Now they reduced that to 4 weeks on the website. I called them and they said it would ship late August, which would be about 7 weeks. The XP I ordered in April took about 12 weeks, so if I did get it in late August, or even early September, I'll consider myself lucky, but I won't hold my breath. The good part is the company isn't screwing anyone out of their money, and you will eventually get what you ordered, and it is a great bike for the money.

You are giving the company a 900 dollar loan for 4 weeks. If you add up the interest they are making some good money on interest. They should put the money in an escrow account until they ship your bike and pay you the interest.

You are giving the company a 900 dollar loan for 4 weeks. If you add up the interest they are making some good money on interest. They should put the money in an escrow account until they ship your bike and pay you the interest.
If you were to believe the media hype surrounding this company in terms of yearly sales (not including a boat load of private venture capital rolling in as per several news articles)...this company is awash in cash. YOUR cash, but the point of all this is that they can get away with it as long as the buyer is willing.

Back