Xduro Trekking RX....when is last model year?

Electric Slider

I just bought a "brand new" Trekking RX from a bike store.....a great deal for the crazy good components (less than $2900 US). They must've had it in a store room for QUITE a while because as far as I can tell its a 2014. When did Haibike switch to the numbered models? I am not complaining its got the Bosch mid-drive at 250 watts and it performs great for me in the Seattle area with many, many hills. Anyway....anybody know the year of this bike? The lights are powered by a dynamo on front hub (groovy). It gets 27 speeds by using an SRAM hub on the back.

Also it would be interesting to know how much the Bosch Performance motor has changed between 2014 and 2020.

haibike.jpg

Anyway....anybody know the year of this bike?

That was the earliest version of the bike.
The frame is excellent!

The motor is the earliest revision of Bosch Generation 2. I hope you got a brand new 500whr battery at that price.

They had SRAM DD3 internal hub + 9 speed cassette and the hub had reliability issues: https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/haibike-xduro-trecking-sl-rear-gear-hub-slipping.20965/

After those issues started popping up, they switched to regular derailleur for the past 5 years.

Enjoy your bike.

Thanks Ravi! And thanks very much for the info on the gen 2 Bosch. The dealer did firmware updates. Do you know if that brings it up to "modern" specs?

Back