Xduro FullSeven 7.0 vs. Xduro AllMtn 7.0 vs. Sduro AllMtn 6.5- which one - any advice?

ahkim

Hi Everyone

So I'm ready to pull the trigger on an ebike and I've narrowed it down to a few bikes.
  1. Xduro FullSeven 7.0
  2. Xduro AllMtn 7.0
  3. Sduro All Mtn 6.5
  4. Trek Powerfly FS 8
I'm trying to understand the differences between the bikes, here's what I know:
  • Xduro has Bosch vs Sduro has Yamaha motor
  • Xduro has 3" tire vs Sduro 2.8" tire
  • Obviously there are differences in the components
  • Xduro FullSeven has an extra cm of standover height over Sduro AllMtn
What I don’t get is the difference between the Xduro FullSeven and Xduro AllMtn. Seems like they are very similar, so why make them different lines?

Some general info:
  • I'll ride trails on the weekend and ride to work once a week. (14 miles to work)
  • I'm in Minnesota so we don't have crazy long and steep trails but we do have some good technical trail systems.
  • I'm 5'6"; shorter inseam so standover is going to be an issue. I'm thinking about a Medium.
  • I'm considering converting to Di2 XT.
  • There's a local bike shop that carries Haibike but I want to get some facts before I head in. I haven't tried the Haibike yet.
  • I've tried the Trek Powerfly and thought it was great but standover was not good.
Are there any other bikes that I should consider?

Qk8SKXK.png

9O3ZEJ3.png

HAX5JRm.png

Last edited:
After I posted, I found the comparison tool but I'm still not sure what the difference is between the Xduro FullSeven and Xduro AllMtn. Is it only parts? or is the frame or ride feel different?

TLc2AIi.png

My non qualified guess is a bit longer shocks from allmtn, 150mm instead of 120mm, might be a less comfortable bike also with more agressive geometry, I am as clueless as you also. Also the fullnine, which is also kinda the same bike except 29" wheels.
Its a very confusing for someone like me who dont know how high end i wanna go.

I talked to the shop yesterday and he even recommended a hardtail since the 27.5 plus tires are softening a bit. And that back dampening is more service and more work. I my self will use the bike for commute, so dont know if its worth so much money for a bike. And also the dropperpost seems quite good if you wanna ride downhill in the weekends.

Daniel pretty much has the differences covered. I believe all mountain will be more aggressive geometry, intended for a little more downhill trail use than typical. Tire size is also different between the bikes, and then of course components.

Stand over comes down to frame size, sounds like the trek was just too large. Haibike usually had four or five frame sizes for their bikes.

@ahkim, if you're 5'-6" you should probably ride a small frame size. I am 5'-6" and I ride a small Haibike Sduro AllMtn Plus (2016). Before buying you should test ride and you MUST get fitted for the proper size.

I would recommend the 3" tire. The fatter the better off-road capability. In 2016 there was a version of the Sduro that came with 3" tires, such as my bike. They may have changed that for 2017.

Regarding Bosch vs Yamaha, both are good. Read Court's reviews of the different Haibikes that use each motor. In general, if you are a high cadence cyclist, go with Bosch. If you are a low to medium cadence cyclist, go with Yamaha (Court points out that the Yamaha motor tends to cut out at high cadence). For me, the Yamaha motor fits my riding style.

The haibike all mtn made for better downhill and climbing riding. Due to bigger shocks and frame geometry to allow climbing more easily too, on rough paths.

The full seven is more for cross country mtn bike riding. That's why it has shocks with less travel.

So look up the different between cross country mtn biking and downhill mtn biking and you will understand better difference between the full seven and the all mtn bikes.

The Yamaha motors work better for low cadence riders meaning you tend to need the assist when you are climbing steep hills at a slow pace and you have the pedals spinning slowly cause the hill is sooooo steep. The Yamaha motor will help you at those times.

The Bosch motor won't help you when you are going up a steep hill at a slow pace, meaning your pedals are spinning slowly. Your pedals have to spin faster when going uphill for the Bosch motor to kick in.

Soooooo

Yamaha tends to work better for technical riders that tend to go on rough trails where the cadence is low and need the motor assist at those times.

Bosch tends to work better for more cross country mtn bike riders who are going at faster speeds most of the time.

The way I see it.

For frame size. Look up the sizing charts. If you are in between sizes for your height, go with smaller frame if you plan on more technical riding. Go for larger frame if you want rides with more speed. Like cross country riding.

If you fit a small frame- most all popular 2016 haibike models are going cheap, with small or xl units still avaiable.

Not that much difference for general xc / allmtn riding. I'g honestly chose the cheaper one or the colour scheme you prefer. I went for the allmtn rx last year over pro as couldn't justify difference in price and preferred shimano xt. Saying that i changed the colour of mine as well.

Just a quick update, I had the chance to demo the Xduro AllMtn 7.0 - amazing! Did some great single track trails for 10+ miles - I was really worried about the lack of standover but it wasn't as bad as I thought. The only thing holding me back is the added sprocket seems to be noisy - it creates a grinding/rubbing noise. The riding position was very comfy and it had the Surly tires - really aggressive tires that tracked very well. With that said, I'm leaning towards the Trek Powerfly FS8 or maybe even the Giant Full E+1.

Post-ride photo.
xduro_zpsyyyj5nrm.jpg

Just got my Haibike Allmtn 5.0 and took it for a test spin. WOAH!!!! Almost crashed when the bottom of the pedal hit the ground after a bounce over a Cape Cod street berm. If this were a tree root on the trail I would have hurt something. The ground clearance on this bike is not what I am used to from my Schwinn Rocket 2 with the ISO full suspension. Need to change my technique and get paranoid about foot position. Geeeeze I would have thought they could have designed this better. From now on I would advise anyone to test ride a HAIBIKE under real conditions before buying. The bike itself looks and feels like top end quality but now I am spooked.

Qk8SKXK.png

9O3ZEJ3.png

HAX5JRm.png

Oh, the Yamaha motor, is a winner. Helps from the get go, and even with faster cadence it still supports in high gears even. Foolproof I'd say. Very happy with it.

Sorry, forgot that I had something to say about 'standover'. I am 5'11" with an inseam of 29" and find the 52cm on the tall side. A 48" would have been better. And oddly HAIBIKE calls that a 'small' and 42" extra small". HAIBIKE is clearly has different design norms. Try these bikes on at the dealer before buying.

Back