Xduro allmtn rx / pro

Hi, Just to let you all know I ended up with the rx as opposed to the pro. Just interested if anyone else debated between the rx and pro. My initial logic other than the price difference them was many of the upgrades I didn't either need, like or could justify the difference. I did upgrade to the neon and also a fitted dongle which is great by the way.

I'm terrible at modding things and now considering having the frame colour changed, especially the lime green to red etc using paint / 3m vinyl. After this I'm changing a number of things i.e. wheels, saddle etc.

One big disappointing thing in the UK I have found is lack of customer service and knowledge from e-bike dealers. If I go to buy a +£4,000 non e-bike, my experience is generally very good. The customer service great and bike set up and fit second to none. I went to 3 e-bike dealers all giving me different information reference same bike, no idea about fit etc
The bike I bought on collection was not set up for me at all, no offer of a bike fit from anyone, seat post at angle and brakes not adjusted. Am I asking too much, I don't think so.

I think e-bike dealers in the UK need to get their act together, we want a bike fit, correct information and bike set up properly. I've had colnago c59, cannondale scalpel 1 etc and each time I left the dealer with a big smile on my face.

Thanks for you post. Although I'm sorry you haven't had a stellar experience, I am grateful to hear you voice your concerns. It's helpful for us to understand some of the expectations of the customer. All this stuff we do BTW, but it's good reinforcement for us.

I think some of it may come from lack of experience. For example I never worked in the bike industry before opening my shop, although I have worked in retail most of my life and I know how important service is. I look to provide the best experience for our customers we can. It's inevitable that we might fall short sometimes, but I hope they all know we are trying our but to make them happy.

I believe many of the standards in quality bike service have been established over the many years the bike business existed. Best practices in the ebike business are still being defined... often at the expense of others mistakes.

Post some pics when you have time and I'd love to see what you end up doing with the graphics. That's an interesting concept. Your dealer might even be able to order a graphic set. I've ordered new ones for batteries before.

Have Fun!

I had a deposit on the pro version for quite a few months. Just couldn't wait any longer and bought the RX version. I'm completely happy with my choice and a big shout-out to Duke at Atown bikes in Auburn California for all the help.

Thanks for feedback. I come from a keen mtb / local road cycling club background where 3k to 10k on a bike was the norm, but as i said service and knowledge is important.

I totally agree about e-bike market and sales being relatively new and much to learn. I took my bike out with friends aged from 40 years plus and they thought it was fantastic and some would consider for their next bike. i've had the usual turbo blowout, but for fitness i either have the motor off or in eco mode to continue / improve my fitness.

i honestly believe if dealers improve they will attract a broader customer base i.e many of my keen biker friends who look down their nose at e-bikers.

oh, should have said my friend who runs a vinyl wrap business and did my last bike some years ago is looking at my bike tomorrow. I have already changed the fox 34 decals to red and black, ordered new wheels, saddle, bar and he will look to remove all lime green and change to black, white and red. Personnel choice but i think it will look nicer with less fuss. i'll post pics when done.

Vinyl wrap can be removed of course, but has been great on my Cannonade over two years no issues.

I had a deposit on the pro version for quite a few months. Just couldn't wait any longer and bought the RX version. I'm completely happy with my choice and a big shout-out to Duke at Atown bikes in Auburn California for all the help.
I think the RX is an excellent value. The fox suspension and dropper post really do it for me. I think if anyone is torn you should just go with the RX and upgrade components later if you need to.

Thanks for feedback Chris, this was one of my thoughts also. I'm stripping some things from my cannonade scalpel one, that i upgraded and will be putting stock items back on so i can sell. I will move these to the haibike. All bikes have a premium ie. silly enough some years ago to to buy a colnago c59 with campy eps for near £10k, sold some 3 years later for £3k.

Many of the pro upgrades like forks are nice, but for the average user no benefit. i also prefer shimano xt over sram from experience and servicing. I will be looking at better wheels though and fund some of the new wheels selling stock ones online.

You're lucky you can get the Neon in the UK. Seems like North America is way behind Europe in bicycle tech, which is odd considering all the amazing open roads.

I'm happy at the moment, but many are saying it's a bit big for mtb. I'm yet to try the gps map routing. At the moment, I'm spending my time upgrading my bike, changing parts, colour and decals. Once finished I will post, but it's taking long than I thought.

What size did you get? I was looking at a 44, I'm 5'10 .. Thought that might be small.

I'm 5'10 and have a 44 hardseven SL - I find it perfect, the seat isn't near max height either. The geometry could of course be different, but I figure if you're buying an FS bike you might like the extra clearance on a 44 as well.

I'm 5'9 and bought the 46cm. Not perfect, but best fit for what sizes they do in this bike range. As I'm changing stem, bar and cranks i'll fine tune in time. In the UK my experience is that dealers are in their infancy and have little knowledge of a true bike fit let alone technical knowledge of forks, gearing etc. I'm sure this will improve, but even Haibike don't give out full bike specs e.g. no crank length details etc

I'm 5'11" and went with the 50cm on my all Mtn rx. A little stretched out when I'm seated but just right when I'm standing.

I was in the same position regarding these 2 models I chose the all mnt RX based on the same reasons as you the extra dosh, so I picked it up and immediately started to enjoy it,( although I did feel the colours are a bit girly be very interested to see what you've done regarding your wrap.) the first few miles I did I always felt I was to far forward,and then I very nearly put my self over the bars when a friend insisted I go to gisburn forest with him, so I fell out with it instantly like a bucking horse lol, after that a couple of days later a job to the states came good so I put it up for sale, The next few days I played with the set up a bit more and discovered the shocks were set totally wrong and I was riding them on lockout ( this is how it came from the shop) also the front tyre had far to much air in it, so I played some more found A much better set up even to the point of maybe keeping it and taking it with me to the states, I'm a fairly heavy guy 17.5 stones I couldn't help thinking the brakes were not just up to the job for me,so looked at maybe upgrading to the magura mt7,s, but then I got a good offer for the bike and sold it thinking when I get to the states I'll study my options. Then a couple of days after I had sold it I got some bad news regarding both my parents health to the point I'd have to stay here, it's a job offer with family and they understand and insisted that the job can wait for now at least, so anyway one week after this news and missing my RX I took the plunge yesterday and picked up a brand new all mnt pro, set it up and just love it the brakes are awesome as are the shocks, just put some carbon renthals on it with a 40mm rise and for me (having short arms) it's perfect, I'll post a pic tomoz with the new bars, get some up of your wrap cheers Berty

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 478
Last edited:
Oh just to add I'm also a 29 inside leg 5ft 8 and both times I got 46 medium size I know that's another debate you had I to shared lol

Back