XC100 Discussion

zzRider

Starting a new thread because some eAhora XC100 comments were scattered in some of the other threads (guilty as charged).

Anyway, I've scoured for as much info as I can find on the XC100. Who is the manufacturer, how does the bike perform, what problems are found, etc. Since this appears to be a fairly new model from eAhora, info is scant on the XC100.

Here is the latest unboxing and review I could find, just posted on July 7. Looks like this lucky buyer got a problem-free XC100! However, I think this reviewer lives in California, which is where eAhora's warehouse is located, to perhaps there was minimal handling of the box to him, whereas I live all the way across the country in Virginia, so mine is sure to be lifted, pushed, and pulled multiple times during shipping from CA. I also notice the cheesy headlight on the Amazon pictures of this bike has been upgraded.

As soon as mine gets delivered, I'll share as much as I can which will hopefully help others who have bought the XC100. It's hard to be patient to receive this ebike, which I ordered on 5/22 and has just now entered UPS's delivery system (but stuck in "label made" since 7/6 and not moved to "shipping" status, which is disappointing since eAhora advertises on their website that bikes are shipped within 2 days, so I don't know why there is a delay).

Last edited:
Starting a new thread because some eAhora XC100 comments were scattered in some of the other threads (guilty as charged).

Anyway, I've scoured for as much info as I can find on the XC100. Who is the manufacturer, how does the bike perform, what problems are found, etc. Since this appears to be a fairly new model from eAhora, info is scant on the XC100.
Some strange things going at the eAhoraebike.com website. Some previously listed parts as recently as last week have disappeared from the "Shop" link. There are only batteries and bike bags offered now, whereas before there were numerous other things like the headlight, display, and brake levers available.

Also on the XC100 link, the "Plus" model is X'd out, as if they don't offer it any longer, yet it is still listed on Amazon. The bottom of that page shows links to PDF files of the YL60C and KD718 displays, but the corresponding links are reversed (not a big deal in itself, but just poor web oversight).

Amazon reviews continue to indicate shipping damage and poor customer service. This company may not be around much longer. Sad because these ebikes seemed to have good value for the features they have.
eAhora XC100 Plus webage.JPG

Some strange things going at the eAhoraebike.com website. Some previously listed parts as recently as last week have disappeared from the "Shop" link. There are only batteries and bike bags offered now, whereas before there were numerous other things like the headlight, display, and brake levers available.

I was in error on the parts listed at eahoraebike.com. Apologies for the misinformation.

It's a simple problem. They are trying to stuff 10lbs. into a 5lb. bag. The box is not made out of a sturdy cardboard and the width of the bike barely fits. Be sure and check the derailleur protection bracket. Mine was bent and I didn't notice it until I was having trouble shifting. The derailleur was constrained from moving because of it. There is no excuse for having such poor packaging.

It's a simple problem. They are trying to stuff 10lbs. into a 5lb. bag. The box is not made out of a sturdy cardboard and the width of the bike barely fits. Be sure and check the derailleur protection bracket. Mine was bent and I didn't notice it until I was having trouble shifting. The derailleur was constrained from moving because of it. There is no excuse for having such poor packaging.
Many have reported a bent derailleur from eAhora. It must be a part that is closest to the side of the box, but yes, better packaging would prevent that. They have improved how they pack the bike somewhat. Earlier boxes had the fork attached to the frame and many arrived bent. Now they pack the fork unattached and laid across the bike frame. Mine even had a stiff plastic bar between the wheel attach points to keep the legs from bending in (or out).

Rough handling by the shipper often determines how bad things get damaged. My box was delivered by UPS and only slightly torn in a few places--not enough to cause any damage. And it came across the country from California to Virginia. The bike was in perfect condition and operates properly so far but some settings need to be tweaked. Of course, I have only put 16 miles on it since receiving it yesterday. Let's see how the first 500 miles goes.

So how is yours performing?

Last edited:
Many have reported a bent derailleur from eAhora. It must be a part that is closest to the side of the box, but yes, better packaging would prevent that. They have improved how they pack the bike somewhat. Earlier boxes had the fork attached to the frame and many arrived bent. Now they pack the fork unattached and laid across the bike frame. Mine even had a stiff plastic bar between the wheel attach points to keep the legs from bending in (or out).

Rough handling by the shipper often determines how bad things get damaged. My box was delivered by UPS and only slightly torn in a few places--not enough to cause any damage. And it came across the country from California to Virginia. The bike was in perfect condition and operates properly so far but some settings need to be tweaked. Of course, I have only put 16 miles on it since receiving it yesterday. Let's see how the first 500 miles goes.

So how is yours performing?
150 miles...still working fine.

As of today, 8/28, exactly one month after delivery on 7/28, I have put 501 miles on the XC100. It has worked perfectly and has met my expectations, other than being slower than the advertised 28MPH. That is most likely due to my weight, at 210 lbs. Wishing it had a 750w motor vs. the 350, but of course that would have driven the price to over $1,000, and considering this is my first foray into ebikes, I was not willing to go there. My price from Amazon, ordered on 5/22, was $799--one week before eAhora raised the price to $899 (this is the "base" XC100, not the XC100 Plus).

eAhora customer service has responded to all my questions submitted either by email or through their website, although at times their response takes up to 72 hours due to being in China. The only glitch was they gave Amazon the wrong tracking number which led me to believe the bike was not in transit when in fact it was. Yes, it took over 2 months due to Covid and most likely a backlog of orders, but it was a pleasant surprise to have it delivered unexpectedly by UPS. I was lucky not have any parts damaged in shipment or breakage after installation. No adjustments were necessary.

I have fine-tuned the controller by modifying the Cur(rent), and PAS levels, added a handlebar riser, Satori Animaris seat post, Selle touring saddle, rear flashing running light, and battery powered mini 1080p bike cam on the handlebar and a mirror. Next up will be installing the Maxxis Hookworm 26x2.5 tires in the coming weeks.

All in all, this ebike has worked out great for me.

Last edited:
Greetings,
What changes did you make to the CUR and PAS levels and what effect do they have on the bike? My bike seems to be performing well but I've only had time to put around 50 miles on it.

Greetings,
What changes did you make to the CUR and PAS levels and what effect do they have on the bike? My bike seems to be performing well but I've only had time to put around 50 miles on it.
Go here:

There is a simple way to boost top speed( for short sprints) change the freewheel an 11 Tooth freewheel will keep you from "ghost pedaling( same as "air Guitar?) if the regen doesnt kick in under pedal power,I expect some surprises and expectations will be different.
I ordered one a couple of days ago , because of the deal and price point. at this stage I have the feeling this bike may very well meet my needs
Have 750 watt kit coming for 36 volt( wish now I had not ordered it-it will work on 48 volts, who knows this thing may get polished a bit)

Back