Wright Bros Cycle Shop

Slowpoke

I was at Henry Fords Greenfield Village in Dearborn Mich 2 weeks ago and went into the Wright Bros Cycle shop.The employee that was in the shop is well verced in thier history.So I asked him if any of the bikes on display were built buy the Wrights and he said the one up on top shelf display is 1 of only 5 known to exist today.Also look closely at the metal stand the bike sits in,its cast iron.FYI this building is the actual building that they worked out of,Henry Ford bought it and moved it to Greenfield Village.And another piece of info this style of bike at that time period was called a safety bike.Wish they would let us ride bikes in the village. 4053340534

There are two more Wright cycles at a museum in Dayton, Ohio. At least they were there seven years back when I was on a Wright Bros. history kick. I'd give alot to be able to ride an original Wright Cycle- at least I can dream...

I was at Henry Fords Greenfield Village in Dearborn Mich 2 weeks ago and went into the Wright Bros Cycle shop.The employee that was in the shop is well verced in thier history.So I asked him if any of the bikes on display were built buy the Wrights and he said the one up on top shelf display is 1 of only 5 known to exist today.Also look closely at the metal stand the bike sits in,its cast iron.FYI this building is the actual building that they worked out of,Henry Ford bought it and moved it to Greenfield Village.And another piece of info this style of bike at that time period was called a safety bike.Wish they would let us ride bikes in the village.View attachment 40533View attachment 40534
I went there for the first time this summer. We spent two days their and my wife didn’t need to be forced to go. It has something for everyone.

Back