Wing bikes

Daluznyc

Region
USA
Hi everyone I wanted to post a experience I had with Wing Bikes. Two days ago I was preparing to go in for surgery a pretty serious surgery and I wanted to get an Electric bike before I went in and didn’t think I could afford the Van Moof which is the one I really want and the wing bike looks similar so I went ahead and purchased one without even doing a test drive. Less than 24 hours later I realized I made a mistake and canceled my purchase. Wing Bikes has a cancellation policy of $98 when you return a bike which I think is fair if you get the bike you don’t like it and you send it back. But this company would not give me a full refund even after I explain to them that I was under a lot of stress wanted get a bike before my surgery end it and ended up canceling it because I realized after looking it over it’s too big to clunky and I certainly don’t need a bike with a lot of gears I’m looking for an electric bike mostly since I’m 60 years old and just need something to run around the city. The guy in the store also told me that it would be 3 to 4 months before I could get the bike and I could buy the cheaper one and get it in 2 to 3 weeks so that’s the one I bought. Then I called and got through to somebody in California who said they had it in stock now so I was lied to in the store and I am only 5‘6“ tall and the bike is for somebody 5’6” inches tall and taller.
I just wanted to share this experience with y’all because they took $98 from me even though I canceled within 24 hours and told him my situation and I find that company to be a bit on the Shadyside the guy that lied to me about the bike I would never allow him to work with me on fixing things in the future and I’m happy I canceled it because I want to get a bike that is right for me and I made a mistake that’s all and they were not understanding. I think they’re a little shady for sure stay away from that company you’ll be sorry if you buy something from them
Thanks for listening Lawrence

Did their contract have a time factor in the cancellation policy? Did you ask them about time after making an agreement to purchase? If not, they didn't do anything wrong. Write it up as a learning experience about contracts and policy. You had full knowledge that it would cost $98 to cancel the purchase agreement and buyer's remorse is not their fault. It also doesn't make it right to call them a shady business when you are at fault. Entitlement is not a consumer right. Hell of an introduction!

Last edited:
Oh I am I didn’t read the cancellation fee just thought it was kind of shitty and I think everyone should be aware to make sure that you read that there is a cancellation fee and you can’t cancel in 24 hours with anything anyway these days except for airline tickets

I’ll never do any business for the company that doesn’t have a 24 hour cancellation policy those kind of companies don’t have hurts they didn’t do anything but process a charge and refund the charge and that’s not fair in my opinion and it’s bad business! People should care about the people they sell their products to if they wanna sell more in the future they should treat them like friends

I’ll never do any business for the company that doesn’t have a 24 hour cancellation policy those kind of companies don’t have hurts they didn’t do anything but process a charge and refund the charge and that’s not fair in my opinion and it’s bad business! People should care about the people they sell their products to if they wanna sell more in the future they should treat them like friends
Sorry I was speak typing I meant to say those kind of companies don’t have hearts

Hi everyone I wanted to post a experience I had with Wing Bikes. Two days ago I was preparing to go in for surgery a pretty serious surgery and I wanted to get an Electric bike before I went in and didn’t think I could afford the Van Moof which is the one I really want and the wing bike looks similar so I went ahead and purchased one without even doing a test drive. Less than 24 hours later I realized I made a mistake and canceled my purchase. Wing Bikes has a cancellation policy of $98 when you return a bike which I think is fair if you get the bike you don’t like it and you send it back. But this company would not give me a full refund even after I explain to them that I was under a lot of stress wanted get a bike before my surgery end it and ended up canceling it because I realized after looking it over it’s too big to clunky and I certainly don’t need a bike with a lot of gears I’m looking for an electric bike mostly since I’m 60 years old and just need something to run around the city. The guy in the store also told me that it would be 3 to 4 months before I could get the bike and I could buy the cheaper one and get it in 2 to 3 weeks so that’s the one I bought. Then I called and got through to somebody in California who said they had it in stock now so I was lied to in the store and I am only 5‘6“ tall and the bike is for somebody 5’6” inches tall and taller.
I just wanted to share this experience with y’all because they took $98 from me even though I canceled within 24 hours and told him my situation and I find that company to be a bit on the Shadyside the guy that lied to me about the bike I would never allow him to work with me on fixing things in the future and I’m happy I canceled it because I want to get a bike that is right for me and I made a mistake that’s all and they were not understanding. I think they’re a little shady for sure stay away from that company you’ll be sorry if you buy something from them

Did you use a credit card?
Contact your credit card provider and explain that you followed the return policy. There’s a high probability you will get refunded.
Post how it works out.

Hello Lawrence,
You wrote..."Less than 24 hours later I realized I made a mistake and canceled my purchase." Focus on that simple statement. When you
purchased your bike approximately 24 earlier did you read or ask what the company return policy was ? You mentioned the $98 return charge,
but that's all.

I have no idea who's right or wrong, if there even is a right or wrong on this 'deal', but after checking out the Wing Website and reading all of
the many purchasing, shipping, return disclaimers (aka gotchas) this is one more reason why I would never by an e-bike online.

John

Yeah I’ll never do that again I learned my lesson but I think I’ll get the rest of the money back because American Expres and I have been together since 1991 and they always put up a good fight for you.
What’s ironic is Wing Bikes personas I put out our hello friends blah blah blah they’re not your friends they’re trying to stay alive and there’s a reason for that. I simply wanna electric bike that can’t get stolen or if it does I’ll get it back and they can’t do that for you so my bad
Lawrence

Back