Why do you ride an Ebike?

From experiences I've had or read, seems right. Good find. The one missing was my main reason and that is winter commutes in the snow, ice and cold. I wanted to increase the amount of days I could ride and I did, 10 fold! PA winter, November to April - 3000+ miles.

Winter was one motivator for me as well, although I rode in winter already with a normal bike. But an ebike should push through snow more easily. 74% say no shower needed. I am equally sweaty with an ebike so shower is recommended. But I try to ride as fast as I can and do it in eco mode. I would say it is a more aerobic exercise than with a normal bike. I put on Schwalbe Marathon winter tires.

Exercise, fun, flattening out hills, longer rides, more distance, wind in my face, and the enjoyment of riding again at 50 years old. My wife and I both love it, and everyone around our age who has ridden our bikes comes back with a huge smile on their face and lots of questions.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I use my ebike almost exclusively for transportation to commute to work. I have always liked the idea of bike commuting: less gas, pollution, cars on the road, it makes a mundane task of driving to work an adventure, and I get some exercise on the way to work instead of drinking coffee and making unnecessary fast food stops!
For me, using a regular bike for commuting just isn't practical. It takes too long, and just wipes me out. There is no way I could or would do it everyday. I really love my ebike!
With all that being said, using my ebike for recreation doesn't appeal to me. When I want to go for a bike ride, I take my regular bike. I want to take in the sites and sounds of my environment completely under my own power. Riding my ebike for recreation does make me feel like I am cheating and defeating the purpose of riding a bike. When riding my ebike for transportation I feel like I'm cheating when I pass a bike or two, but I feel more like I'm not when thousands of cars pass me. I understand others may feel differently!

Ebikes work. Adding a motor does a lot of good stuff. The obvious thing is speed, but the roads I ride limit speeds, anyway. An ebike uses a tiny amount of power. I ride for an hour and use about 160 watt hours. (there are 33,000 watt hours in a gallon of gas. So less than one ounce of gas.) That's nothing. It's the way an ebike works with a normal sort of person.

An ebike, at least my core ebike, allows me to share the load. But the electrical system just works. I charge from solar, use basic batteries with a sophisticated charger. There's an excitement in knowing this is a complete technology. I own and use all the pieces, every day.

It's the best way to exercise out there, if you take the time to understand what you need to do, how hard you have to pedal, how much of the time. After 20 minutes on a stationery bike, I'm bored. After an hour on an ebike, I'm sorry it is ending.

Because with an ebike I can ride more than a few miles without being tired, be able to go anywhere with no fear of hills, and not worry if I have enough strength to get back to my starting point.

Because I have one! It is just like rc helicopters. Once you find out about them you just have to try it. Then you are hooked.
Then they are just like sex! You can get along without it just fine , until you have it for the first time . Then they are an obsession. Ken. Keep looking up!

From experiences I've had or read, seems right. Good find. The one missing was my main reason and that is winter commutes in the snow, ice and cold. I wanted to increase the amount of days I could ride and I did, 10 fold! PA winter, November to April - 3000+ miles.
Wow! 3000 miles. That's awesome. Living in Phoenix, It's the excessive summer heat from mid May to mid September. I can ride my Trek 7.2 the other 8 months and do. I'll use the e-bike in the summer months and windy afternoons. Looking forward to getting my next e-bike soon.

Wow! 3000 miles. That's awesome. Living in Phoenix, It's the excessive summer heat from mid May to mid September. I can ride my Trek 7.2 the other 8 months and do. I'll use the e-bike in the summer months and windy afternoons. Looking forward to getting my next e-bike soon.

Alternating a conventional bike with an e-bike is a grand idea. I went riding on a regular bike today, of course, for some reason my legs just don't feel as strong!

Because I have one! It is just like rc helicopters. Once you find out about them you just have to try it. Then you are hooked.
Then they are just like sex! You can get along without it just fine , until you have it for the first time . Then they are an obsession. Ken. Keep looking up!
I also have a passion for RC helicopters, I use my ebike to take me to places where I can fly my helicopters. Furthermore, it's a good way to exercise, explore my surroundings and have fun all at the same time. :)

Good for you. It is an obsession is it not. Fun but very hard to do, between mods, parts, crashes, two 500 size, one 600 size, I could have bought a Stromer 2, with the money I spent on them.
Do you know about the forum (Helifreak ) . Just like this place, a lot of good people to help you and to talk to,
Will James, was the owner, he just sold it to RCG last week . So how it is even bigger that before . Keep looking up! Ken.

I also have a passion for RC helicopters, I use my ebike to take me to places where I can fly my helicopters. Furthermore, it's a good way to exercise, explore my surroundings and have fun all at the same time. :)

One thing that gets me on the bike is a mobile device game called Ingress. You actually must visit many local "landmarks" to be an effective player.

Back