Why buying a Stromer?

Oh I see. Not much action on the BH bike forum. Surprisingly the apparently perfect ebike isn't so perfect after all.
Chronic 05 error
BH Dapu motor failure again
Battery/controller fault?

That’s all you found because those are very minor issues and it’s only a few of them , congratulations !

I also like my Stromer because its a wonderful bike. How could I be jealous when I have an excellent, well made bike that is fast and smooth? I don't, however, feel the need to go on constantly every forum other than Stromer and shill for them. They don't need the help and I do not work for them or sell their product. Your intense need to talk up BH on an entirely unrelated forum either indicates you have a conflict of interest or an inferiority complex.

Last edited:
A total of 69 post for BH ebikes. 9.2K for Stromer. Given how few people apparently own a BH ebike the number of problems proportionally is quite alarming.

Why you are Disqualified ?

Do the count , it says 4.300messages.

There are other threads for Bh, Bh/Easymotion , Easy motion besides that one can you find those ?
Since you demand a perspective on the Bh let us know how many thousand of messages are.

Attachments

• FDF0E745-FA89-41A7-ACE8-096D89421DEA.png
    FDF0E745-FA89-41A7-ACE8-096D89421DEA.png
    672.2 KB · Views: 417
  • 240AEB3D-BC97-462D-806B-528693EB3D8B.png
    240AEB3D-BC97-462D-806B-528693EB3D8B.png
    635.1 KB · Views: 442
Perhaps you should focus your efforts on posting there rather than wasting your time continually bashing on Stromer and shilling for BH. As I stated, you obviously have some connection to the company and your opinion is not needed.

Oh I see. Not much action on the BH bike forum. Surprisingly the apparently perfect ebike isn't so perfect after all.
Chronic 05 error
BH Dapu motor failure again
Battery/controller fault?

I've never owned a Stromer, there's no dealer in my town, I have nothing against the bike, I have no desire to own one. Did it occur to you there's not much action on the BH and Easy Motion forums ( same company ) because they don't have a lot of issues, that's usually how it works? There is a BH dealer in my town, they sell a lot of bikes, have a 5 year warranty and excellent support. They're the oldest and largest bike company in the world and yes, I own two and have never had an issue. Good luck with your Stromer.

Last edited:
I also like my Stromer because its a wonderful bike. How could I be jealous when I have an excellent, well made bike that is fast and smooth? I don't, however, feel the need to go on constantly every forum other than Stromer and shill for them. They don't need the help and I do not work for them or sell their product. Your intense need to talk up BH on an entirely unrelated forum either indicates you have a conflict of interest or an inferiority complex.

I can see your point and I understand.
Not in any way affiliated with BH. I like my BH EBIKE a lot b/c is a fast one and reliable. And is easy to fix in case of issues.
In Europe they are Nr. 1 as fas as sales and quality. That is a while different continent or world for most members who post here....i get it ...nobodu knows who’s Bh and that’s fine.

Going to a dealer shop ...a dealer , a greedy one they will try to sell you This swiss ebike that maybe is not working and then let me know if you are willing to throw down seven grand or not.. in your case it payed off nicely.

Good luck to you that it is working, I’m happy for you. But for others , Stromer With all their forum unpaid “employees” paints a different picture then reality.

I LIKE their 2020 models , I can afford the St3 LE ,( the one i am contemplating buying) but if it breaks down I’m kind of stuck. And i know how to fix stuff.
There’s only 1 Stromer dealer in the whole NyC and they are very busy fixing the problematic ones !
That doesn’t givE me any confidence in this brand.

Stromer bikes are fantastic and since I proudly own and ride one, I can say make that statement in good faith. One has to question what prompts a person to post literally dozens and dozens of disparaging comments about on a forum about a bike brand that s/he hasn't ever owned while simultaneously touting their own brand of bike. Perhaps, it would be more productive for everyone if that energy was channeled in a more positive direction on a forum dedicated to their favorite bike brand. Your negative comments about Stromer without any direct experience does not help anyone.

Stromer bikes are fantastic and since I proudly own and ride one, I can say make that statement in good faith. One has to question what prompts a person to post literally dozens and dozens of disparaging comments about on a forum about a bike brand that s/he hasn't ever owned while simultaneously touting their own brand of bike. Perhaps, it would be more productive for everyone if that energy was channeled in a more positive direction on a forum dedicated to their favorite bike brand. Your negative comments about Stromer without any direct experience does not help anyone.

I agree, I don't know why people post on forums which they don't even own the bike, especially negative posts, I find it irritating myself and it's the reason I visit this forum less and less. The only reason I posted in this thread was I wasn't sure if you were even aware of the BH brand, many people here aren't, I think they're based in Spain.

There’s no negativity. Those are plain and simple facts , experiences, some are mine’s but you didn’t knew it. Before purchasing mine do you think i didnt heavily test one of this monstrosity ? No appeal, big ballon tires useless for city. Those 50c Pirellis ? Useless . Too wide unless you ride slow.

Where did you got the false info that i don’t have experience with a Stromer ? I’m very familiar with the inferiority of the 5000$ ST1X. The other models, i don’t need to overspend 7k for a good ebike. THere are plenty of people like you who did spend and will continue doing it. That’s the market.

My BH has same exact battery , it sells for 750$, yours is 1000$. You just got ripped off.

Your charger is a no name basic 4amp charger -260$. Is 30$ overseas. Congratulations !

I use a Grin 8amps max. @ 300$. One of 2.

I rode the St1X , UNIMPRESSED. A Heavy clunker, the bike has no personality ,no sexy lines , barely can take fast turns with precision.
Just a 70lb of Aluminum bike good for long straight roads. Unless it fails.

Do you even know how to change a flat on the rear wheel of your ebike within 2min., w/o braking the torque sensor ?

I can get the ST3 LE and if it fails , will you ring the US manager for me to fix it ? I don’t have time to take a clunkers to dealer for repair. I use a small portion of that time posting truthful facts. Just like now sitting comfortably, never having to worry about my ebike breaking down b/c i’ve made an informed decision.

Once again, why do you feel compelled to post so many negative comments on a forum for a bike you have never owned. You really should find some happiness in your life and perhaps spend more time on your bike. I've got ~5,200 miles on an ST2 and other than a problem with a software upgrade, it's been a dream. Until your bike can do this https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/stromer-st2-stolen-and-recovered-30-mins.30626/, it's useless to me and many of us are tired of hearing how wonderful you have it while you complain about something you don't own. It really comes across as an inferiority complex.

Once again, why do you feel compelled to post so many negative comments on a forum for a bike you have never owned. You really should find some happiness in your life and perhaps spend more time on your bike. I've got ~5,200 miles on an ST2 and other than a problem with a software upgrade, it's been a dream. Until your bike can do this https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/stromer-st2-stolen-and-recovered-30-mins.30626/, it's useless to me and many of us are tired of hearing how wonderful you have it while you complain about something you don't own. It really comes across as an inferiority complex.

Thanks for the good laugh, but where did you popped up newbie ?? And out of 11 of your messages , 7-8are here. The swiss put you on the payroll also ?

I’ve put about 9-10k worry free emiles since oct. 19. And about 6-7k in 18. There are better security systems out there , no need to disclose your unawareness about this. People who know they use better and reliable technology.

Reading your reply It strikes me that the unhappiness may be within yourself , please don’t deteriorate it further.

A truthful comment is not a negative comment just b/c it hurts your ego . If you say something truthful about my ebike brand i take it as a fact. But if it’s a lie then that is different.

Another fact to end the night- https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/stromer-st5-is-it-reliable.30884/#post-235589

And trust me i have the experience and the knowledge to talk and dissect the Stromer topic in a million bits. Is a few people here and there who don’t know the ebike technology , that feel. the need to justify their expense pointing at the facts I presented.

If i had not written, you guys would be daydreaming and making everyone believed illusions about this brand. Look at what presentations this guys Ravi , and Bluecat are putting on , straight like they are working for this Swiss brand.

And i put threads not only about my ebike, but about :
- the best taillight (Rotlicht 200lumens, 150$)
- The best charger (Grin). Won’t work for Stromer.

And countless other informative threads.

This issue with “making believe” is the same with that other chinese brand -Fazua. Slowly the truth is coming to surface !

I’ll take a break for a few days, enjoy a nice ride and will let the facts sink in. I bet you’ll have 20+mesages by then . In the S forum no less...

I've only felt the need to post when I have had a problem. Up until today, all of my posts were related to that single problem in 5.2K miles of useage. Why would I bring up a problem if I worked for Stromer? I purchased my bike from New Wheel in San Francisco. They are a fantastic Stromer dealer but initially, we're unable to help with my upgrade issues so I reached out to the Stromer community for help. You're welcome to check.

I'm a very happy Stromer customer with an amazing bike. I'm not the one that apparently needs to complain incessantly about something that I don't own. I have better things to do with my time. We all get that you LOVE your BH bike. We don't need to read about it 50 times on a Stromer forum. It's not helpful to the Stromer or Electricbikereview community in general. Perhaps, you should find a more positive way to channel all of your energy. Your sheer negativity on this forum just makes you look like you have some unresolved issues or perhaps an inferiority complex since you really don't have any experience using the bike other than test drives.

You can continue with your negativity but I'm done with this interaction. As I mentioned, I have more constructive things to do than engage in unproductive discourse.

Last edited:
I ignored that BH turd from within the first week. To read his dribble is frustrating. I can't imagine he has a lot of friends, or is pleasant to meet / talk to in real life.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I often bring up the list of forums with new posts and open up anything that looks interesting. That's how I ended up in this thread, it was neither to boost Stromer nor to troll against it.

I don't subscribe to the idea of sticking only to the forums for bikes I own as I learn a lot from reading owners of other bikes talk about their successes and challenges. And I'm sure I sometimes say negative things about bikes I don't own, and sometimes post positive things about bikes I don't own, when visiting forums "foreign" to my bikes.

The majority of my positive comments are probably about e-bikes with Shimano motors, despite my two personal bikes at present having a Bosch and a Brose motor. So I'm not a fanboy, I just like what works best.

You see the winter tires (instead of the Pirelli) on the ST5. You may ask yourself: Why did the develop and sell winter tires? The answer is rather simple: Because of the demand. With other words, a Stromer is the all-weather and all-season commuter bike.

37434169vn.jpg

Because it works!

OK, I here some folks shouting: Look at the issues reported here. It's true, the stromerforum accumulates reports of bad experiences. That's what's it good for. If you have an issue on your Stromer or if you want to modify something: Bring the topic to the stromerforum. Maybe, someone could help - or you just might share your frustration about the brand or the dealer. This is true for the US forum as well for the Swiss forum.

Of course, I like the stories of success much more, especially when they are published here (and not only on facebook, instagram, snapchat, tiktok...).

One unbeaten story of success is the average daily mileage of the whole Stromer fleet. Measured on a randomly selected ordinary day with the basis of over 10'000 Stromer, the outcome was more than 43km per day. This is a thought proof of the reliability of a Stromer.

Why a Stromer, for me? towards the end of 2015, I had just burned out my 3rd motor in my Focus ebike, after less than 4,000 total miles. I was once again left motorless on much of my 20 mile 1-way commute, which was hell, on that heavy, inefficient bike. I was ready to throw it in the trash once I finally made it home.

Focus was willing to replace the motor, yet again, if I shipped the bike to their closest facility in Dallas. Screw this... I needed something I could put some serious miles on (40 mile daily commute), without problems, and was willing to pay a premium. I wasn't convinced Stromer was as much "go" as it was "show", but Crazy Lenny seemed like a great place, good people, and gave me a good deal, so I grabbed an ST2 at the end of 2015. Since, I've put 17,200+ miles on it, with the ONLY "problem" being I wore out the front wheel bearing. It was grinding and making noises, but still worked. $100 later I had a new super strong MTB wheel from my LBS thrown on. The only real issue I see it having now is the back rim has some small cracks around the spoke eyelets, probably from dropping off so many curbs over the years. I worry it'll fall apart at some point, but come on, I've run this thing sooo hard. Oh, and I need to replace the back fender screw that fell out, making the fender loose.

I know it won't last forever, and honestly, it could die tomorrow and would've served its use, as it's gone at least what I could've expected from it already.

In the attachment, you can see all the miles I've cycled. Yellow is pure commuting with the Stromer, which I got in Dec 2015. Most of 2015 was the Focus ebike commuting, and before that was non-ebike cycling and racing, 2012 mostly MTBing.

1578760319104.png

I ride it hard and fast in 100 degree+ Austin summers and some winter days in the teens. It's been in insane rainstorms that had so much water on the road, it reached the bottom of the motor and bottom bracket. I have no idea how it hasn't shorted out! This data can be verified on my Strava.

1578760748398.png

I began thinking about a replacement awhile back, to have in mind for when it does die. I was thinking Juiced bikes. Ironically, a Crosscurrent X popped up on my commute route last year. I consistently pass the guy and have been surprised how loud his motor is (you can't hear the Stromer motor AT ALL), as well as the fact that the Stromer is actually faster. At a stoplight I asked if he was on max assist and he said yes. I thought they'd be the exact same speed, but I'm a good 1-2mph+ above him, and even more on the overpass hill we hit. I guess it could be that I pump out more human power than him, but I carry a heavy gear load and I'm 200lbs, at least as heavy as he is.

There's a Trek I pass also and I'm doing more like 3-4mph faster than him. He said he's also on max assist, and he's having nothing but problems (electrical failures) with his bike. I also see a Rad Rover that I pass, but haven't talked to him. He's going much slower and probably has a 20mph limit. I'm not trying to race these guys, I'm just doing my commute. One day I was being funny and passed by with my hands off the handlebars. The Stromer rides perfectly smooth like this. He tried it and nearly wrecked, because his handlebars immediately began shaking badly. I guess this could be just the tires, but the Stromer is so well refined.

I'm now not sure I could go with anything other than Stromer. I'm not a fanboy or someone to jump on blind loyalty bandwagons, but it seems to stand out in how refined, quiet, powerful/fast, and extremely dependable it is, from my experience. The internet is the internet, I listen and consider, but anyone can say anything to bash and hate. You can see my miles on my Strava account, as well as the documented motor failures of my Focus, that I took pics and video of taking it apart and showing the faulty stripping nylon gear in the motor.

I'm not for myStromer AG, I'm a Stromer owner in Switzerland - but I have good connections to the company; so I had the opportunity to test ride almost all models. Test ride means, I've made at least 1'000km on each Stromer.

Bicycle-feeling: Mid-drives cannot complete due to the technical concept (motor and cyclist power must go over drivetrain, its gearing reduces the effective power on the axle). The secret thing is the TMM4 called torque sensor on the rear end and the way how its values set the motor power.

All street legal e-bikes have the same top speed: 45km/h Here in Switzerland, these fast e-bikes are very common. I commute every day on all weather. I met a lot of other brands on my way. No one can follow me on a road with corners, or uphill on public main roads.

Lucky guy living in his Stromer bubble. On my Juiced I have left Stromer owners behind.

To think that a heavy bike like a Stomer is the pinnacle of performance is something I can't relate to. For me that has to be a road bike.

I find the arrogance and attitude to be offensive because you state your preference as that's what everyone should want and if they don't then they don't understand the mystique of Stromer and how it's the best. If you think that then fine, obviously no one is going to change your mind. But you completely disrespect others when you keep repeating "Lucky guy, save some money, keep crawling with your current brand". There are other bikes that are faster and cheaper.

For me I'm looking forward to getting a Specialized Creo and for me that will have a ride quality that no bike that weighs as much as a Stromer does could replicate.

Back