Who needs a Creo when you have a Vado

Cds36

Region
USA
22 miles, 2100ft elevation gravel with only 10% battery used on eco, she rocks!

Vado.jpg

@Cds36: Your Vado SL is beautiful, and it is so thoughtfully modified! I have modified my Vado SL to become a "flat handlebars gravel e-bike" too. Still, the drop bar Creo Evo is more kosher for gravel cycling :)

@Cds36: Your Vado SL is beautiful, and it is so thoughtfully modified! I have modified my Vado SL to become a "flat handlebars gravel e-bike" too. Still, the drop bar Creo Evo is more kosher for gravel cycling :)
I'm just not a drop bar guy even when I had a drop bar gravel bike I never used them I guess it's just the mountain biker in me

I'm just not a drop bar guy even when I had a drop bar gravel bike I never used them I guess it's just the mountain biker in me
I am fully with you. Had a possibility to buy a Creo. That drop bar e-bike didn't match my style and expectations. I ride a heavily "gravelized" Vado SL instead.

I will hold the flag high for the Creo fraction in this thread... ;-)
If you are used to drop bars or if you manage to get used to it, it's usually an advantage and raises your avaerage speed/lowers you battery consumption a little bit. And it's less stress for hands and lower back (if you are used to it/have developed the "drop bar muscles").

I will hold the flag high for the Creo fraction in this thread... ;-)
If you are used to drop bars or if you manage to get used to it, it's usually an advantage and raises your avaerage speed/lowers you battery consumption a little bit. And it's less stress for hands and lower back (if you are used to it/have developed the "drop bar muscles").
I'm not hating on the creo at all, I bought the vado for commuting but found it's just as good a gravel bike as the creo minus the drop bars which is a plus for me cause I never use the drops even when I had a specific drop bar gravel bike, and with the creo sl and vado sl being so similar that was a win win situation for me

Kai Venture Bags https://kaiventurebags.com/
I have the specialized burra burra frame bag as well but this bag I really like it's not as big
Could you give the specific name for the Kai Venture bag model?
As I am not sure about Kai availability here: Will the Burra Burra bag fit the frame as well?

EDIT: Sorry for asking unnecessary questions. I've just inspected the frame size M of my Vado SL. If I wanted to carry a water bottle and the Range Extender, not enough space for the frame bag is left as to carry Range Extenders there. So please ignore what I wrote above.

Last edited:
Could you give the specific name for the Kai Venture bag model?
As I am not sure about Kai availability here: Will the Burra Burra bag fit the frame as well?

EDIT: Sorry for asking unnecessary questions. I've just inspected the frame size M of my Vado SL. If I wanted to carry a water bottle and the Range Extender, not enough space for the frame bag is left as to carry Range Extenders there. So please ignore what I wrote above.
Not a problem yes the burra burra is a little too big see pic but you can make it work and I don't use the range extender all the time so it works out
20220704_115329.jpg

Not a problem yes the burra burra is a little too big see pic but you can make it work and I don't use the range extender all the time so it works out
You seem to have a big frame in your Vado SL! Besides, the local availability here is different. Nowadays, Specialized offers either Specialized/Fjällräven Top Tube Bag (very small) or Specialized/Fjällräven Frame Bag (very very big). None of them would fit my frame! Giving up the idea. In case I need to carry a single RE extra, I will use my backpack. With 3 REs extra, that would be the Tailwind pannier.

I'm not hating on the creo at all, I bought the vado for commuting but found it's just as good a gravel bike as the creo minus the drop bars which is a plus for me cause I never use the drops even when I had a specific drop bar gravel bike, and with the creo sl and vado sl being so similar that was a win win situation for me
I also don't think you need both. And especially with the unlimited SL drive it's not such a big difference. Only with the 25km/h limited version the Creo is siginificantly better, as it ecourages you to pass this limit while the Vado SL tempts you to be lazy and to stuck more time just below the 25km/h limit.

Only with the 25km/h limited version the Creo is siginificantly better, as it ecourages you to pass this limit while the Vado SL tempts you to be lazy and to stuck more time just below the 25km/h limit.
Talk for yourself Jodi as your legs are healthy! :) When I rented a Creo, I was ashamed to be stuck at 25 km/h when all roadies and gravel cyclists were merrily taking me over! As the Vado SL looks like a general purpose bike, nobody even notices me! Haha!

A funny story. As you know Jodi, I can push a button to derestrict my Vado SL. It is often unnecessary, as my speed on Vado SL is usually low to conserve the battery, and my legs are bad, so I am travelling up to 25 km/h anyway. On last Sunday, I pedalled to a café that is 18 km away. Between the fields of Mazovia (riding asphalt), I was taken over by a roadie. I derestricted my Fearless and switched to 80/80% Sport. To sit nearly on the rear wheel of the other bike! The guy seemed to have a good sense of humour, as he looked back for a couple of times and started smiling! So we both arrived at a junction together and rode in different directions. I greeted him before we parted!

Were it a Creo, the other guy would have taken me a cheater. It was a Vado SL though, so we had fun together! :D

As you know Jodi, I can push a button to derestrict my Vado SL. It is often unnecessary, as my speed on Vado SL is usually low to conserve the battery, and my legs are bad, so I am travelling up to 25 km/h anyway.
Good boy! ;-)
I expected you to ride always unlimited.
Were it a Creo, the other guy would have taken me a cheater. It was a Vado SL though, so we had fun together! :D
You mean, on an obviously slower bike he thought it's only you. And on a obviously faster bike, which would normally make it possible to keep up with him, he would have believed you to cheat?
Interesting interpretation... ;-)

Back