Which electric bike to purchase in 2023? Please suggest.

IF you are comfortable with doing minor maintenance and adjustments on your bike, then there are many good possibilities.

Otherwise, I’d highly recommend you try, buy and get service from a local bike shop.

You’d be setting yourself up for potential frustration and hassle, if you don’t have some expertise, and choose to mail order anyway.
Sorry, I won't be able to do it myself because I would not like to damage any other parts and of course, I am trying to contact the local bike shop to help me with the repair problem. I'll have it done before summer arrives here in Canada

Sorry, I won't be able to do it myself because I would not like to damage any other parts and of course, I am trying to contact the local bike shop to help me with the repair problem. I'll have it done before summer arrives here in Canada
If it was me, I would guess that’s it’s just a disc brake adjustment issue (if that has disc brakes). Squealing disc brakes are not uncommon, and may take some fiddling to get it to stop. Might be worth your time to do some research on your own, so you better understand how the brakes work (so you can speak to a bike shop with a basic understanding of the parts involved). Just a thought.

I have seen someone suggestive removal of a brake caliper and see if the noise goes away. That would be a sure way to find out if that is where the noise is coming from.. One could just Tye wrap it off to the side to do a test ride. Just make sure you don't squeeze that brake leaver while is is not in place over the disk.

Back